Want to win a free Carnival cruise? You could do so simply by keeping an eye on the sky as Carnival Cruise Line kicks off a month-long event designed to raise aware of the line in general and the fact that some big ships are moving to new ports.
The event kicks off today — Wednesday, August 29th — at Carnival’s sixth annual Day Of Play at the St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. But if you can’t get there to take part in the fun, don’t worry, because the fun is coming to you… or at least it is if you live along the flight path which will be followed by the newest member of their fleet: The Carnival AirShip!
The unmistakable AirShip is actually a 128-foot-long red, white and blue blimp which will play a crucial role in the company’s Homeport Advantage promotion. It will also be the key to you winning prizes, including one of five free cruises, VIP event passes and Carnival gift cards. So how do you win? Simply head here to register (which will automatically give you one entry in the sweepstakes), then take a picture or video of the Airship and post it on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #ChooseFun.
Even better? Every time the hashtag is used by a registered user, it will trigger a donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which has long been the cruise line’s charitable partner.
When the Carnival AirShip arrives in Miami on September 20, look for a big celebration to help welcome Carnival Horizon to her new home… including events hosted by the company’s Chief Fun Officer, Shaquille O’Neil, as well as appearances by members of the Miami Heat.
Four of the cruises will be given away to people in specific zip codes, one each in the Dallas, Houston, Miami and Atlanta general area. A fifth cruise will be given away to an entrant from outside the specific zip codes (which can be found on the Official Rules page of the promotion). There is a limit of one entry per person/E-mail address per day during the sweepstakes period, which runs from now until September 30th.
Four Carnival cruise ships will be arriving at their new homeports in September:
- Carnival Horizon will have her first trip out of Miami on September 22
- Carnival Vista will begin doing year-round sailings out of Galveston on September 23
- Carnival Breeze will do a range of 7- and 14-day itineraries out of Port Canaveral starting on September 30
- Carnival Magic joins the Horizon in Miami on September 30, doing a series of week-long Caribbean cruises
Carnival AirShip Flight Path
- Miami to Dallas (September 1-3)
- Austin (September 4), San Antonio (September 5)
- Houston (September 7-9), Galveston (September 9)
- New Orleans (September 10), Mobile (September 13)
- Tampa (September 15)
- Miami (September 16-20)
- Orlando (September 21)
- Port Canaveral (September 22)
- Jacksonville (September 23)
- Atlanta (September 26-30)
“What better way to showcase our new offerings in popular homeports like Galveston, Port Canaveral and Miami,” says Carnival Cruise Line’s president, Christine Duffy, “than with our very own AirShip that reinforces our #ChooseFun tagline while supporting the special kids at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.”
For more on Carnival’s Homeport Advantage campaign — and details on the prizes offered — visit Carnival.com.
- 180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
- Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
- Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
- Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
- Viking Ocean Ship Christened in Unique Ceremony
- 10 Scenic Destinations for a Holiday in the Midst of the Deep Blue Sea
- Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
- The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides
- Ketchikan Cruise Port Guide and Information
- Visiting Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
CRUISE NEWS21 hours ago
Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Visiting Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Ketchikan Cruise Port Guide and Information
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
CRUISE NEWS11 hours ago
180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022