Need a good excuse to book another cruise? How about the fact that Carnival Cruise Line is currently giving away its CHEERS! drink package to qualified guests?
Who Can Get the CHEERS! Drink Package Free
Carnival’s drink package — which allows each guest up to 15 alcoholic beverages a day plus a slew of other options — is incredibly popular. And unlike some other cruise lines, it’s very rare that Carnival actually offers it as a free perk.
Norwegian Cruise Line has for years offered a free drink package as a booking perk, and even Celebrity Cruises recently rolled a drink package into the overall cost of a cruise. But Carnival?
“It’s very rare indeed,” says Becky Smith of Becky’s Travel Biz. “I honestly cannot recall a time in the past where a drink package has been included by Carnival as a rate code available that is associated with bookings. There have been a couple of times when they’ve offered CHEERS! discounts, but even those have been rare.”
But now, an offer available for a limited time only includes the drink package. What’s the catch? Well, there are a few, actually. First, the offer is only available to certain members of the line’s VIFP (Very Important Fun Person) loyalty program. “It’s not available to the general booking public,” says Smith.
Also, she continues, “It has to be on a new booking from April-December of 2021 only.” As is often the case with offers, it’s worth taking the time to do a bit of fare shopping to see if things play out in your favor. “Some of the rates with this offer are fairly close to the Early Saver rates, while others are a bit higher,” says Smith. “But for those who are going to purchase the CHEERS! package, it is worthwhile for them.”
OVERVIEW: Carnival’s VIFP Loyalty Program
To find out if you qualify, sign into your Carnival account and head to the VIFP section. Once there, check the offers available to you. (Even if you’re not eligible for the CHEERS! promotion, there might be something there that will help add value to your upcoming vacation.) You can also call and mention promotion code RU1 (it has also been seen under RU2 or Ru3).
Another Deal to Check Out
Carnival also has a Cyber Monday deal which might be worth checking out. “It’s only available for 24-hours,” says Smith. “But it includes two-category upgrades, reduced deposits starting at $50 per person, and up to $50 in onboard credit per cabin.”
Drink Package Fine Print
- Offer valid with a qualifying VIFP number
- Full deposit required and is non-refundable/non-
- “CHEERS!” applies to guests 21 and over and “Bottomless Bubbles” applies to guests under 21, these offers will be applied to Sail & Sign account based on age.
- Guests may select their stateroom location, but category and exclusions apply.
- Maximum number of 2 guests in the stateroom
- Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice.
- Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees.
- Offer is applicable on new bookings only
- Offer is applicable on select 3-10 day sailings only between April and December 2021
- Offer ends December 13, 2020
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos