A Carnival Cruise Line ship was heading back to its homeport of Miami, Florida when it was alerted to a small fishing boat in need of assistance. That’s when Carnival Horizon diverted course and headed to fishermen who had been stranded at sea for two days.
According to guests who are sailing Carnival Horizon, the fishing boat propellor broke and they have been drifting ever since.
The ship approached the broken down fishing boat and brought the seven crew members onboard Horizon to give them food, water and appropriate medical treatment. The fishermen will return to Miami with the ship.
Carnival Cruise Line issued the following statement:
“Continuing its longstanding tradition of assisting mariners in distress, Carnival Horizon was alerted to a small craft in need of assistance.
Following the direction of the U.S. Coast Guard, Carnival Horizon diverted its course and participated in a search and rescue mission, bringing several passengers from the craft on board. The passengers were given food, water and medical treatment.
There is no expected impact to the ship’s arrival on Sunday.
The ship was en route back to its homeport of Miami as part of the last leg of an eight-day cruise that departed Saturday.”
Horizon sails alternating six- and eight-night Caribbean itineraries from Port Miami.
This eight-night itinerary called to Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao, and Aruba.
- 180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
- Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
- Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
- Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
- Viking Ocean Ship Christened in Unique Ceremony
- 10 Scenic Destinations for a Holiday in the Midst of the Deep Blue Sea
- Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
- The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides
- Ketchikan Cruise Port Guide and Information
- Visiting Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
CRUISE NEWS20 hours ago
Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Visiting Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Ketchikan Cruise Port Guide and Information
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
CRUISE NEWS10 hours ago
180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022