A Carnival Cruise Line ship was heading back to its homeport of Miami, Florida when it was alerted to a small fishing boat in need of assistance. That’s when Carnival Horizon diverted course and headed to fishermen who had been stranded at sea for two days.
According to guests who are sailing Carnival Horizon, the fishing boat propellor broke and they have been drifting ever since.
The ship approached the broken down fishing boat and brought the seven crew members onboard Horizon to give them food, water and appropriate medical treatment. The fishermen will return to Miami with the ship.
Carnival Cruise Line issued the following statement:
“Continuing its longstanding tradition of assisting mariners in distress, Carnival Horizon was alerted to a small craft in need of assistance.
Following the direction of the U.S. Coast Guard, Carnival Horizon diverted its course and participated in a search and rescue mission, bringing several passengers from the craft on board. The passengers were given food, water and medical treatment.
There is no expected impact to the ship’s arrival on Sunday.
The ship was en route back to its homeport of Miami as part of the last leg of an eight-day cruise that departed Saturday.”
Horizon sails alternating six- and eight-night Caribbean itineraries from Port Miami.
This eight-night itinerary called to Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao, and Aruba.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019
- Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
- Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
- Cruisers Mourn Passing Of Jack’s Shack Pup Topher
- Guy’s Burger Joint Now Serves Breakfast
- Carnival Sends Another Cruise Ship To California
- Nassau Vows To Fight “Very Real Problem” Of Crime
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
REVIEWS5 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
REVIEWS3 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
CRUISE PODCAST4 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019