A Carnival Cruise Line ship was heading back to its homeport of Miami, Florida when it was alerted to a small fishing boat in need of assistance. That’s when Carnival Horizon diverted course and headed to fishermen who had been stranded at sea for two days.
According to guests who are sailing Carnival Horizon, the fishing boat propeller broke and they have been drifting ever since.
The ship approached the broken down fishing boat and brought the seven crew members onboard Horizon to give them food, water and appropriate medical treatment. The fishermen will return to Miami with the ship.
Carnival Cruise Line issued the following statement:
“Continuing its longstanding tradition of assisting mariners in distress, Carnival Horizon was alerted to a small craft in need of assistance.
Following the direction of the U.S. Coast Guard, Carnival Horizon diverted its course and participated in a search and rescue mission, bringing several passengers from the craft on board. The passengers were given food, water and medical treatment.
There is no expected impact to the ship’s arrival on Sunday.
The ship was en route back to its homeport of Miami as part of the last leg of an eight-day cruise that departed Saturday.”
Horizon sails alternating six- and eight-night Caribbean itineraries from Port Miami.
This eight-night itinerary called to Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao, and Aruba.
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
- Cruise Lines Submit Plans to CDC; One Step Closer to Sailing
- Last Day To Share Cruise Comments With CDC
- Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
- Cruise Line Founder Dies At 91
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of September 13, 2020
- 7 Ways to Prepare Yourself for Any Cruise Trip
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Second Carnival Corporation Ship Returns To Cruising in Europe
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Cruise Line Details How They Are Keeping Guests Safe [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Founder Dies At 91