Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Carnival Cruise Line is back to sailing year-round from San Juan, Puerto Rico as the Carnival Fascination just completed a multi-million dollar dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas.
On its San Juan-based program, Carnival Fascination departs every Sunday on week-long voyages visiting five destinations: St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Thomas and St. Maarten, each of which is home to world-class beaches, centuries-old historical sites, unique and exciting shoreside experiences and array of shopping and dining opportunities.
Fun Ship Enhancements Received
- Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
- RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Cantina: a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool.
- Cherry on Top: The “sweetest spot on board,” Cherry on Top is the gateway to the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun-and-fanciful gifts, just-because novelties, colorful custom apparel and more.
- Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” that’s the go-to spot for guests seeking a unique experience with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients or guests’ own custom-created cocktails.
- Bonsai Sushi Express: the success of the full-service Bonsai Sushi restaurants has spawned this casual, convenient yet equally tasty offshoot featuring a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and more.
“We’re delighted that the Carnival Fascination has returned to year-round sailing from San Juan better than ever with a wide range of great new dining, beverage and retail options for our guests to enjoy,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line who noted that prior to the dry dock the ship was chartered by FEMA to house relief workers in St. Croix.
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Carnival Cruise Director Matt Mitcham’s Next Challenge
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Dream “Job” Open To Cruiser Who Loves Food And Wine
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean Reveals Big Changes For Popular Ship
CRUISE PODCAST3 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Mariner of the Seas 2019 Review + News