If you’re sailing with Carnival Cruise Line this month, get ready for Halloween fun as they roll out a slate of spook-tacular activities and introduce a new character who will kick things off right!
Meet Patch The Pumpkin Pirate
The moment guests step on board Carnival’s ships, they’ll be welcomed by a rather unusual sight: Patch The Pumpkin Pirate! The 12-foot tall swashbuckler will serve as something of an unofficial assistant cruise director for the Halloween sailings, taking part in several activities throughout each voyage. For example, who better to help your cruise director during Scary Story Time? And of course, he’ll prove to be the host with the most as he pump(kin)s up the volume at his very own deck party… during which you can show off the moves you learned at the Thriller dance class!
All Treats, No Tricks
If your young ones worry that being at sea means no trick-or-treating, put their fears to rest: Costumed crew members will be handing out tasty treats at various venues around the ship. (Which means that adults who accompany their kids can walk off the calories accumulated when they snitch some of that candy!) And you may need to pack an extra suitcase, since everyone in your party will obviously want to take part in the costume contest.
READ MORE: What To Expect From A Halloween Cruise
Halloween isn’t just for kids anymore, so whether you’re young or young at heart, there will be something for you to enjoy on board Carnival’s ships. Heck, even Bingo will be spookified! If you want to take in a creepy movie, the poolside Dive-In Movie theater will offer up some thrills and chills (as well as some family-friendly offerings). Among the frightful features? Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (which just happens to take place on board a cruise ship!), Dracula Untold and the Stephen King creepshow It.
“Halloween is always an exciting time aboard Carnival,” said Sarah Beth Reno, the line’s vice president of entertainment, “and this year we’re taking it to the next level with a full month of frightfully fun activities that guests of all ages can enjoy. It’s going to be a blast!”
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship