(Updated March 21, 2020 11:11 a.m. EDT) With the temporary pause of shipyards in Spain because of the virus, the launch of Carnival Radiance has been pushed back two months. This will impact guests who were scheduled on April 29, 2020, to June 11, 2020 sailings.
Carnival’s website reflects the June 24, 2020 voyage from New York City to Bermuda as the first sailing for the ship. The new date axes the entire European season and the transatlantic cruise.
Carnival President Christine Duffy, wrote a letter to guests impacted that said, “As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we have had to pause the work on the refurbishment of the ship in Spain. It’s always difficult to tell guests we have to cancel their vacation plans, but due to this delay Carnival Radiance will not be ready for her European sailings.”
Impacted guests have two choices:
- Option 1: Receive a Future Cruise Credit and a $600 stateroom credit, if rebooked by December 31, 2020.
- Option 2: 100 percent refund back to your original form of payment.
Due to Carnival’s extremely high call volume, guests who are scheduled on sailings between April 29, 2020, and June 11, 2020, are asked to complete the form online to expedite their selection.
Earlier this month, Carnival announced that the quarantine in Italy caused Carnival Radiance to cancel some upcoming ports.
Carnival Radiance, formerly Carnival Victory, is currently in drydock at Cadez, Spain undergoing a $200 million renovation, adding more dining, entertainment spaces, and adding 115 additional staterooms.
Radiance will be the first ship to have NBA Hall of Famer’s Shaquille O’Neal’s Big Chicken eatery. This venue will serve chicken sandwiches, fries and other side dishes, all included in the price of your cruise.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Tour Carnival Radiance
- Cruise Industry Voices Beg CDC Not To Extend No Sail Order
- Carnival’s New Mega Cruise Ship Begins Sea Trials [PHOTOS]
- 5 Most European Cities In North America To Visit on a Cruise
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of September 20, 2020
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
EDITORIAL4 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer