One of Carnival Cruise Line’s ships won an exciting award at the TravelAge West WAVE Awards on June 15.
Carnival Elation was honored with Best Refurbished Ship (ocean-going) this year. The vessel underwent a multimillion dollar renovation in October 2017 that included the addition of 38 new cabins, 98 balconies to existing cabins, and a variety of food and beverage concepts that Carnival cruisers have come to love. These include Guy’s Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Cantina, and BlueIguana Tequila Bar. The youth clubs were also redone to become Camp Ocean, the mini-golf course has been relocated, and the ship features a large WaterWorks aqua park.
Carnival also received “Editor’s Picks” in Cruise Line with the Highest Client Satisfaction (over 1,300 passengers), Cruise Line Providing the Best Travel Agent Support (ocean-going), and Best Cruise Line for Family Activities.
For the annual WAVE awards, the editorial team at TravelAge West reviews hundreds of travel suppliers and products. Methods of review include product analysis, on-site visits, a survey of travel agents, and online research. Winners were announced at a gala event.
Elation is the only year-round cruise ship in Jacksonville, Florida, and offers four and five-day cruises to the Bahamas.
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
- Final Look: Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Seas
- Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through November 1
- Norwegian Cruise Exec on Return To Sailing, New Ship & More
- Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
- Cruise Podcast: Ship Scrapping Process with Peter Knego
- Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
- Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More
- Cruise Line Kicks Off Modest 2020 Alaska Season
- Stricken Norwegian Cruise Liner Cancels Next Sailing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Reclaiming Loyalty Points On Cancelled Cruises
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
CRUISE NEWS24 hours ago
Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More