One of Carnival Cruise Line’s ships won an exciting award at the TravelAge West WAVE Awards on June 15.
Carnival Elation was honored with Best Refurbished Ship (ocean-going) this year. The vessel underwent a multimillion dollar renovation in October 2017 that included the addition of 38 new cabins, 98 balconies to existing cabins, and a variety of food and beverage concepts that Carnival cruisers have come to love. These include Guy’s Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Cantina, and BlueIguana Tequila Bar. The youth clubs were also redone to become Camp Ocean, the mini-golf course has been relocated, and the ship features a large WaterWorks aqua park.
Carnival also received “Editor’s Picks” in Cruise Line with the Highest Client Satisfaction (over 1,300 passengers), Cruise Line Providing the Best Travel Agent Support (ocean-going), and Best Cruise Line for Family Activities.
For the annual WAVE awards, the editorial team at TravelAge West reviews hundreds of travel suppliers and products. Methods of review include product analysis, on-site visits, a survey of travel agents, and online research. Winners were announced at a gala event.
Elation is the only year-round cruise ship in Jacksonville, Florida, and offers four and five-day cruises to the Bahamas.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019
- Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
- Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
- Cruisers Mourn Passing Of Jack’s Shack Pup Topher
- Guy’s Burger Joint Now Serves Breakfast
- Carnival Sends Another Cruise Ship To California
- Nassau Vows To Fight “Very Real Problem” Of Crime
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
REVIEWS3 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
CRUISE PODCAST4 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
CRUISE NEWS22 hours ago
Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019