Carnival Valor has a new outlook on life after spending two weeks out of the water. In anticipation of her year-round three and four-night schedule this fall from Port Canaveral, the ship has undergone an extensive refurbishment.
Popular dining and bar concepts that have become staples to Carnival cruisers were added, including RedFrog Pub, Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, and more. The new spaces were added during a dry dock that went from April 23 to May 8.
The Valor is one of four ships that sail from Port Canaveral, which is also home to Carnival Magic and Victory year-round, and Carnival Sunshine seasonally. Together, the four ships will carry over 650,000 guests per year.
New features added to Carnival Valor include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint – a free poolside venue in partnership with Guy Fieri that serves hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries that celebrate Guy’s California roots and love of cars
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar – a fun outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based beers and frozen drinks
- RedFrog Pub – this tropics-inspired pub offers the Caribbean’s best rums and beer – include Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – with a British West Indies and Key West ambiance
- BlueIguana Cantina – a complimentary poolside eatery with a Mexican theme where guests can enjoy freshly made burritos and tacos, as well as a big toppings and salsa bar
- RedFrog Rum Bar – a poolside bar with a Caribbean vibe offering rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including ThirstyFrog Red
- SkyBox Sports Bar – this bar is a sports-lovers haven where guests can watch live sporting events, and check out scores on the real-time 24/7 sports ticker
- Cherry on Top – this sweet candy shop features bins of bulk candy, fun gifts and novelties, custom clothing, and more
- Alchemy Bar – a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” with mixologists that “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients, or guests’ own custom cocktails
Carnival Valor will offer a series of Caribbean cruises.