For the second sailing in a row, Carnival Cruise Line has been forced to extend the sailing of Carnival Vista.
The Galveston-based ship is experiencing technical issues that are continuing to impact the vessel’s cruising speed. And unfortunately, it looks like at least a third sailing will be impacted as Carnival attempts to deal with the issue.
What Carnival’s Saying
A letter sent to passengers on the June 23rd sailing began by thanking them for being patient as details were worked out. “Given the limitations with the ship’s maximum cruising speed,” it continued, “it will be necessary to adjust your cruise to an 8-day sailing in order to provide you with a two-port itinerary. The cruise will depart on Sunday, June 23 and return Monday, July 1. We will be visiting Cozumel and Costa Maya and canceling our calls to Mahogany Bay and Belize.”
In a statement, Carnival said, “Carnival Vista is experiencing an issue affecting its maximum cruising speed.” They added that “the cruise scheduled for June 29 will now depart on July 1 and will be a similar 8-day cruise. We are assessing our plans for the July 6 cruise and will confirm our plans by no later than [Thursday] morning.”
The New Carnival Vista June 23rd Itinerary
- Sunday: Sailing from Galveston at 4 p.m.
- Monday: Fun Day at Sea
- Tuesday: Fun Day at Sea
- Wednesday: Fun Day at Sea
- Thursday: Costa Maya, Mexico from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Friday: Cozumel, Mexico from 730 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Saturday: Fun Day at Sea
- Sunday: Fun Day at Sea
- Monday: Return to Galveston at 8 a.m.
What Compensation Guests Will Receive
Those who decide to remain on the sailing despite the change will receive:
- Gratuities on the extra sea day will be covered by Carnival.
- An onboard credit of $200 per person will be posted to Sail & Sign accounts.
- Taxes, fees and port expenses for Mahogany Bay and Belize will be refunded.
- They’ll receive a 50% future cruise credit.
- A complimentary day will be added for any guest who purchased the 7-day Internet, CHEERS! or Bottomless Bubbles packages.
- Pre-purchased shore excursions for Mahogany Bay and Belize will be refunded.
- Reimbursement of up to $200 per person for any air-related change fees and charges related to the extra day of parking.
Info For Guests Who Want To Cancel
The letter to guests acknowledged “the impact this change may have on your vacation plans,” and made the following offer to guests wishing to cancel.
- A full refund of their cruise fare and any pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions and FunShop purchases.
- A 50% future cruise credit.
- Reimbursement of up to $200, per person, for any independent air expenses and/or change fees.
“We hope this revised itinerary and compensation offer meet your vacation needs,” the letter concluded. “If for some reason you choose not to sail with us, we kindly ask that you promptly let us know by 12:00 p.m. (EDT) on Thursday, June 20.”
There’s no word yet on how the following cruise will be impacted or when the problem might be rectified. Carnival Vista was launched in 2016 and is currently sailing from the Gulf Coast port of Galveston doing seven-night Caribbean cruises.
- Carnival Ship Damaged During Panama Canal Cruise [PHOTOS]
- Carnival Cruise Line Reveals New Production Shows
- Carnival Will Homeport New Mega Cruise Ship in Miami
- Cruising Misty Fjords National Monument
- Carnival Ship Cancels Port, Gives Passengers Free Cruise
- 8 Best Things To Do in Split (Croatia)
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Review 2019 + News
- Royal Caribbean Discontinues Popular Onboard Perk
- Carnival Family Mourns Loss Of Longtime Crew Member
- 8 Things to Do in Kotor
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Ungrateful Carnival Cruisers Whine About Free Gift
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Ship Cancels Port, Gives Passengers Free Cruise
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Carnival Family Mourns Loss Of Longtime Crew Member
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean Discontinues Popular Onboard Perk
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Hurricane Humberto Cruise Line Itinerary Changes
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Cruise Excursion
CRUISE NEWS8 hours ago
Carnival Ship Damaged During Panama Canal Cruise [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS20 hours ago
Carnival Will Homeport New Mega Cruise Ship in Miami