Across Celebrity Cruises’ entire fleet of ships around the world – and in all of their global offices – the line will “Ring the Bell on the 7 Seas” in honor of International Women’s Day, which is on March 8.
The campaign was born in partnership with the Red Shoe Movement in support of their Gender Equality Global Initiative. A special bell-ringing ceremony will be hosted by President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, aboard Celebrity Summit. The ship’s executive team and the founder and CEO of the Red Shoe Movement, Mariela Dabbah, will also be in attendance. Each Celebrity ships and the global offices will then follow with their own ceremonies.
“On International Women’s Day millions of people around the world will celebrate the accomplishments of women, and the men who support their efforts,” said Lutoff-Perlo. “I’m proud to stand with the Red Shoe Movement as gender equality is an ongoing commitment for all of us at Celebrity.”
“I am proud for Red Shoe Movement, whose mission is to accelerate the representation of women at the top, to partner with Celebrity Cruises to ‘Ring the Bell on the 7 Seas’ especially as Lisa Lutoff-Perlo is a CEO who walks her talk in everything she does,” said Dabbah. “The thousands of crew members and guests around the world on a Celebrity ship or in any of their global offices will unite to take a stand on gender equality. This is a historic moment in this industry and for women worldwide.”
For more information on the Red Shoe Movement, visit redshoemovement.com.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021