Celebrity Cruises has been named the best cruise line in Europe for six years in a row, so it makes sense that they’re adding new sailings in the Mediterranean. In 2017, the cruise line will offer 40 unique itineraries in Europe, 109 shore excursions in the region, and 61 overnights in 19 different cities.
Ships in Europe
Celebrity has four ships currently in the Mediterranean and Europe – Celebrity Reflection, Constellation, Eclipse, and Silhouette. The cruise line boasts the youngest fleet in Europe, out of any cruise line.
The newest ship is Celebrity Reflection, and they’ve doubled the sailings aboard this ship to the best of Europe’s three Riviera’s – the French, Italian, and Spanish coastlines. The line now offers eight 11-night “Best of the Mediterranean” sailings, which feature stops in Florence, Italy; Nice, France; and Gibraltar, UK; as well as four stops in Spain – including an overnight in Barcelona.
Celebrity Constellation will depart on a variety of 9 and 10-night sailings in 2017, that take guests to places such as Monte Carlo, Monaco, and Sète.
Guests can choose one of Celebrity’s own shore or overnight excursions, or choose a multi-day adventure where they will embrace bucket-list cities and exotic locales over multiple days. Some of Celebrity’s lineup includes:
- Theatrical Play “Antigone” by Sophocles – Travelers who love history will adore this theatrical performance of “Antigone” in Mykonos. The play is one of the most famous Greek tragedies, written in 441 BC. After the play, guests will explore Mykonos and enjoy the culinary scene in the electric city.
- Portofino and Italian Riviera Land and Sea Tour – Explore Portofino, and two other pearls of Italy’s Gulf of Paradise. Begin with a cliff-side drive to Santa Margherita, sail the yacht-filled waters of Paraggi Bay of Portofino, and explore Rapallo to see its famous 16th-century castle.
- Belgium Chocolate Workshop – Chocolate lovers will enjoy the chocolate capital of Belgium on a walking tour through Market Square, and then onto a chocolatier’s workshop to see how fine Belgian chocolates are made.
- Catherine Palace and Amber Restoration Workshop – During a stop in St. Petersburg, Russia, travelers will visit Catherine Palace, with a tour of the Amber Room, and experience an Amber restoration workshop.
Celebrity offers sailings to coincide with three of Europe’s most iconic events. Celebrity Eclipse will visit the French Open in June 2017 and Celebrity Silhouette will offer two sailings to The British Open in July 2017. Silhouette will also offer two additional event sailings to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo in August 2017.
Summer Camp at Sea
Celebrity Cruises is introducing “Summer Camp at Sea” aboard all European sailings, allowing kids to enjoy vacation in a whole new way. Activities will include a “creation station” where kids can express themselves creatively, a cooking class at sea, and educational activities for ages 3-17.
Taste of Europe
Cruise guests will be able to have a taste of Europe with Celebrity’s new Taste of Europe program, which offers free events for adults at sea. Each event includes a culinary demo with onboard chefs, mixology demos, and one of the largest wine tastings at sea. Other events are available for a fee, like a fresh pasta and mozzarella making class, and a five-course tasting dinner with Celebrity chefs.
Adults looking for the full culinary experience can buy the Taste of Europe Premium Package. It gives guests a taste of all the culinary, wine, and cocktail indulgences aboard Celebrity Cruises. From the Chef Market Discovery excursion to a wine blending class, to a Riedel Wine comparison workshop, travelers will love every culinary experience along the way.
Celebrity has launched a “Two If by Sea” offer for almost all sailings in 2017 and 2018. Guests who book an oceanview or higher stateroom from now until October 2 will save 50 percent off the second guest’s fare, and both will enjoy a complimentary classic beverage package. Guests can also choose to swap their beverage package for one of three options: unlimited internet package, prepaid gratuities, or $150 onboard credit.
- Key West Looking To Ban Large Cruise Ships
- Cruise Line Adds Sixth Vessel to Caribbean
- Florida-based Cruise Line Extends Suspension
- Carnival Fantasy Reportedly Sold, Heading to Scrapyard
- Carnival Able To Go “Another Full Year” Without Cruises
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of July 5, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Purchases Remaining Shares Of Cruise Line
- Details On The First Three Carnival Corporation Ships To Sail
- Carnival Corp. Talks Return To Service, 13 Ships Leaving Fleet
- U.S. Port Bans Cruise Ships Through 2020
CRUISE NEWS15 hours ago
Carnival Fantasy Reportedly Sold, Heading to Scrapyard
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Corp. Talks Return To Service, 13 Ships Leaving Fleet
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Details On The First Three Carnival Corporation Ships To Sail
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
U.S. Port Bans Cruise Ships Through 2020