Celebrity Cruises has partnered with Gilt.com for the debut of Gilt at Sea, the line’s first onboard pop-up shop experience.
The innovative online shopping destination’s president Jonathan Greller said “Gilt is constantly seeking new and inventive ways to bring the best brands and best values in fashion to our customers, wherever they are – now even at sea.” And bring the company to sea, they have. From December 3 to January 29, Gilt shops will bring a curated mix of modern resort style to passengers aboard both Celebrity Reflection and Silhouette. The two oceangoing shops will offer Gilt’s signature mix of designer brands, on-trend assortments, and great value.
The 8-week pop-up shops represent Gilt’s second foray into physical retail, following the March 2016 opening of a shop within Saks OFF 5th in New York City. The Gilt at Sea shops will replicate the experience of their website’s insider deals, complete with onboard events, invite-only vintage trunk shows, and Gilt Style Ambassadors to provide styling and shopping advice.
Customers will have the opportunity to peruse a new selection of merchandise each day, tailored around rotating themes. Available brands include John Varvatos, Nanette Lepore, Cosabella, Alexis Bittar, Botkier, Antik Batik, Furla, and others. There will be everything from swim, to sleepwear, casual wear, accessories, and gifts.
“We are thrilled to be able to bring together Gilt and Celebrity Cruises – two of the most innovative brands in customer experience,” said Beth Neumann, president and CEO of Starboard, the service that provides retailers to cruise ships. “The retail environment on board cruise ships… really speaks to the guest who is in the middle of their dream vacation… they want more than souvenirs. They look to our shops to discover, to learn, and to remember. Gilt at Sea will offer them the chance to do all three.”
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship