The United States Coast Guard continues to search for a crew member that went missing on Thursday afternoon from Carnival Victory.
UPDATE: The Coast Guard suspended the search for the missing crew member after three days of searching.
Carnival Cruise Line told Cruise Radio, “Yesterday a crew member from Carnival Victory was witnessed going overboard while the ship was en route back to its homeport of Miami. The ship’s command immediately returned to the location where the crew member was last seen and initiated search and rescue activities which are ongoing.”
It went on to say, “All appropriate authorities, including the United States Coast Guard, have been notified.”
At the time of the incident, the Coast Guard said, “Coast Guard 7th District watchstanders received a report from the Carnival Victory that a crewmember fell overboard. Watchstanders launched a Coast Guard Air Station Miami HC-144 Ocean Sentry airplane crew and diverted the Coast Guard Cutter Charles Sexton (WPC-1108) crew to search.”
As of early Friday morning, the Coast Guard was still searching for the 37-year-old man. The agency’s Twitter account tweeted, “@USCG continues to search for the crewmember that fell overboard from the Carnival Victory yesterday.”
Carnival Victory was sailing a four-night Western Caribbean cruise that stopped in Key West and Cozumel. The ship was en route back to Miami when the incident occurred. Victory returned to PortMiami on Friday morning.
- Royal Caribbean Sails First Cruise Since Industry Shutdown
- Celebrity Edge Returns to Port Everglades [PHOTOS]
- Carnival Gives Canceled Guests Some Good News
- 21 Cruise Tips from First-Timers
- Second and Third Disney Ships Are Bound for North America
- Royal Caribbean’s Next Ship Floated Out of Dry Dock [PHOTOS]
- MSC Cruises Earns Environmental Award
- 9 Things Cruisers Have in Common With Walt Disney World Fans
- Carnival Cruise Line Gives Away Drink Package — Do You Qualify?
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 22, 2020
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Disney’s First Cruise Ship Returns to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 22, 2020
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Gives Away Drink Package — Do You Qualify?
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean’s Next Ship Floated Out of Dry Dock [PHOTOS]