Is the journey about the final destination – or the actual journey itself? Carnival Cruise Line answers that question with the launch of a new cruise program that encompasses longer voyages with destination immersion.
Enter Carnival Journeys
Introducing Carnival Journeys – a unique collection of nine- to 15-day cruises that kicks off this fall and features ports throughout the Caribbean, Central America, Hawaii and Mexico.
Carnival Journeys is exclusively designed for guests who want a longer cruise vacation, to visit more destinations or the time to savor and enjoy all the extra onboard amenities of Carnival’s newest and most innovative ships.
- 28 departures
- Nine to 15 day sailings
- Round-trip and one-way to and from San Juan – from homeports Los Angeles, Galveston, New Orleans, Miami, Port Canaveral, New York, Baltimore and San Juan
- Ports of call include nearly 40 different tropical destinations, including Tobago, Grenada, La Paz, Martinique, Bonaire and Ixtapa
- Debuts with an 11-day cruise aboard Carnival Dream from New Orleans to San Juan on October 4, 2015
Shipboard experiences including:
- Authentic Eats: Enjoy on-board cooking demonstrations from local restaurants and chefs, plus the chance to dine at that chef’s restaurant ashore.
- “Local”-tainment: Get an up close and personal look at destinations through local performances including calypso, soca and Goombay to colorful folkloric entertainment.
- Academy of Fun: Learn from shipboard experts on topics ranging from cooking and arts and crafts to digital photography and social media, even celestial navigation.
- Throwback Seaday (#TBS): Party like its 1987 with retro pool and deck games, old school dining options like Baked Alaska and the gala midnight buffet, a white glove Captain’s Celebration and more.
- Shipboard Team Member Connections: Discover more about shipboard life through informative question and answer sessions hosted by the ship’s captain, cruise director, hotel director and others
- Carnival Sunshine, 11-day E. Caribbean sailings from Port Canaveral, Nov. 2015
- Carnival Miracle, 15-day Hawaii sailings from Los Angeles, Oct. 2015
- Carnival Triumph, 11-day S. Caribbean from Galveston to San Juan, Oct. 2015 & Jan 2016
- Carnival Glory, 14-day S. Caribbean from Miami, Oct. 2015
- Carnival Vista, 11-day E. Caribbean from NYC, Nov. 2016
The prices don’t look bad either, some cruises starting at $549 for a 10-night E. Caribbean cruise from San Juan and go up to $1500 for a 14-night S. Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore.
Photo credit: Carnival Cruise Line