Viking Expedition Ship Marks Construction Milestone
Viking’s first expedition ship was floated out last week at the VARD shipyard in Norway.
The 278-passenger Viking Octantis will debut in early 2022, and spend her maiden season sailing in Antarctica and North America’s Great Lakes.
The line’s second expedition ship, Viking Polaris, is also set to debut in 2022.
The Port of San Diego Continues to Support Cruising
Despite cruise ships still being unable to operate revenue voyages, the Port of San Diego is continuing to support the industry.
This week, four Holland America ships and Princess Cruises’ Emerald Princess will be docking at the port for fuel, food, and other supplies needed to keep the ship running.
The ships will not spend much time docked there — once they resupply, Holland America’s vessels will stay off the coast in the San Diego area, and Emerald Princess will head to Los Angeles.
Closing Bell for Monday, December 28, 2020
- CCL (Carnival Corporation): $21.72 up 4%
- RCL (Royal Caribbean Group): $72.89 up 3%
- NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings): $25.53 up 3.8%
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’