Cruise News Briefs — January 12, 2021
As expected, the company showed a loss of 2.2 billion dollars.
However, the company confirmed that the latest news of vaccines and therapies have instilled more confidence in bookings.
CEO Arnold Donald said bookings for the first part of 2022 are running ahead of 2019’s levels.
The call also revealed that 45 percent of new bookings are first-time cruisers with 55 percent being repeat guests.
Cruise Industry News reported that the Port of Vancouver has started simulating just how fast they can process cruisers and luggage in the age of social distancing.
The port, called Canada place, has also added 40 more check-in counters, more escalators and elevators, and is converting part of the customs hall to a baggage layout area.
In November, Canada extended its ban on cruise ships until Feb. 28, 2021.
A fan favorite cruise director announced over the weekend that she is leaving life at sea for a life onshore.
Carnival Cruise Line Cruise Director Emma pack is following her dream as a teacher and will not be returning to sea.
Even though it’s bittersweet, Emma will remain part of the Carnival Cruise Line family since she is married to mike pack, the cruise director of the upcoming mardi gras.
Emma was with Carnival cruise line for eight years, first holding the cruise director title on carnival spirit in 2015.
Closing Bell for Monday, January 11, 2021
- CCL: 20.14 down 1.6%
- RCL: 72.12 down 1.1%
- NCLH: 24.11 down 1.3%
- Royal Caribbean Debuts First World Cruise, 274 Nights
- JetBlue Taps Cruising Market With Flight + Cruise Packages
- Cruise News Today — October 20, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Celebrity Edge-Class Ships to Sail in Europe in 2023
- MSC Prepares to Welcome International Cruise Guests on U.S. Sailings
- Makeup Ideas For Themed Cruise Ship Deck Parties
- Princess Cruises Offers 50% Off Deal For First Responders & Medical Professionals
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update