Cruise News Briefs — January 12, 2021
As expected, the company showed a loss of 2.2 billion dollars.
However, the company confirmed that the latest news of vaccines and therapies have instilled more confidence in bookings.
CEO Arnold Donald said bookings for the first part of 2022 are running ahead of 2019’s levels.
The call also revealed that 45 percent of new bookings are first-time cruisers with 55 percent being repeat guests.
Cruise Industry News reported that the Port of Vancouver has started simulating just how fast they can process cruisers and luggage in the age of social distancing.
The port, called Canada place, has also added 40 more check-in counters, more escalators and elevators, and is converting part of the customs hall to a baggage layout area.
In November, Canada extended its ban on cruise ships until Feb. 28, 2021.
A fan favorite cruise director announced over the weekend that she is leaving life at sea for a life onshore.
Carnival Cruise Line Cruise Director Emma pack is following her dream as a teacher and will not be returning to sea.
Even though it’s bittersweet, Emma will remain part of the Carnival Cruise Line family since she is married to mike pack, the cruise director of the upcoming mardi gras.
Emma was with Carnival cruise line for eight years, first holding the cruise director title on carnival spirit in 2015.
Closing Bell for Monday, January 11, 2021
- CCL: 20.14 down 1.6%
- RCL: 72.12 down 1.1%
- NCLH: 24.11 down 1.3%
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos