Cruise News Briefs for Thursday, January 14, 2021
Construction Officially Starts
Construction has officially begun for Carnival Cruise Line’s second XL-class ship, Carnival Celebration.
The first piece of steel was cut on Wednesday at a shipyard in Finland. The vessel is expected to share a lot of the same features as the sister ship Mardi Gras.
Carnival Celebration is set to debut in November 2022 as part of the cruise line’s 50th birthday. The ship will sail year-round Caribbean voyages from PortMiami.
New Terminal Breaks Ground
And speaking of South Florida. Virgin Voyages broke ground on its new 200,000 square foot cruise terminal at Port Miami earlier this week. The new terminal will be built on the northwest side of the cruise port and will be home to both Virgin ships, Scarlett Lady and the currently-under-construction Valiant Lady.
Terminal five is expected to be completed in October.
One New Ship for Carnival Corp
And finally, fiscal 2021 will only bring one new-build delivery for Carnival Corporation. Holland America Line’s Rotterdam will be the only new ship and is set to debut in July. The others have been deferred into fiscal 2022.
Carnival Cruise Line’s Mardi Gras was delivered last month.
The cruise company said it has 12 new builds expected to be delivered between now and 2025.
On Monday, the cruise line showed a $2.2 billion dollar last for the fourth quarter of 2020.
Closing Bell for Wednesday, January 13, 2021
RCL: $ 72.23 -.25%
NCLH: $24.58 -.25%
CCL: $20.10 -.15%
Watch Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Begins Construction on Next Mega Cruise Ship
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter