Cruise Radio News Briefs for Thursday morning, December 17, 2020.
Royal Caribbean Sells Two Ships
Royal Caribbean announced that two ships will be leaving the fleet. Empress of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas have both been sold to an undisclosed buyer in the Asia Pacific region. The buyer will release details for future sailings on the ships at a later date.
Those who are currently booked on cruises aboard the vessels will be contacted by Royal Caribbean with alternative options.
Empress of the Seas debuted in 1990, and Majesty of the Seas debuted in 1992.
More Carnival Ships Arrive in Miami
Three more Carnival Cruise Line ships have arrived back in PortMiami, making a total of five vessels that have returned to the United States in recent weeks.
Carnival Ecstasy, Liberty, and Freedom are now docked near each other at PortMiami. The cruise line now has six ships in or on their way to the U.S. Though there’s no word on when these specific ships will begin sailing again, Carnival plans to resume service in March 2021.
Holland America Launches BOGO Offer
Holland America is running a rare “Buy One, Gift One” promotion. Travelers who book a balcony cabin or suite will receive a free interior cabin on the same cruise departure.
The BOGO promotion runs through January 5, and applies to select 2021 Caribbean, Alaska, Europe, and Mexico cruises that depart through December 18, 2021.
Stock Report for Wednesday, December 16, 2020
- Carnival (CCL) $21.76, up 1%
- Royal Caribbean (RCL) $73.65, down 1/2%
- Norwegian (NCLH) $25.49, up 1%
Watch News Briefs
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Begins Construction on Next Mega Cruise Ship
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter