Cruise Radio News Briefs for Thursday morning, December 17, 2020.
Royal Caribbean Sells Two Ships
Royal Caribbean announced that two ships will be leaving the fleet. Empress of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas have both been sold to an undisclosed buyer in the Asia Pacific region. The buyer will release details for future sailings on the ships at a later date.
Those who are currently booked on cruises aboard the vessels will be contacted by Royal Caribbean with alternative options.
Empress of the Seas debuted in 1990, and Majesty of the Seas debuted in 1992.
More Carnival Ships Arrive in Miami
Three more Carnival Cruise Line ships have arrived back in PortMiami, making a total of five vessels that have returned to the United States in recent weeks.
Carnival Ecstasy, Liberty, and Freedom are now docked near each other at PortMiami. The cruise line now has six ships in or on their way to the U.S. Though there’s no word on when these specific ships will begin sailing again, Carnival plans to resume service in March 2021.
Holland America Launches BOGO Offer
Holland America is running a rare “Buy One, Gift One” promotion. Travelers who book a balcony cabin or suite will receive a free interior cabin on the same cruise departure.
The BOGO promotion runs through January 5, and applies to select 2021 Caribbean, Alaska, Europe, and Mexico cruises that depart through December 18, 2021.
Stock Report for Wednesday, December 16, 2020
- Carnival (CCL) $21.76, up 1%
- Royal Caribbean (RCL) $73.65, down 1/2%
- Norwegian (NCLH) $25.49, up 1%
Watch News Briefs
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies