Wonder of the Seas Returns From Sea Trials
The largest cruise ship in the world has return from her five-day sea trials.
Royal Caribbean’s Wonder of the Seas docked back at the shipyard on Tuesday evening, after being put through a variety of tests by the shipbuilders.
The trials tested engine performance, propulsion, stability, and other systems throughout the ship.
Now, further interior work and final touches will take place, and the Oasis-class ship will be delivered to Royal Caribbean in 2022.
Disney Fantasy Scheduled For Test Cruise
Disney Fantasy is scheduled to depart on the first of two test cruises today from Port Canaveral. The three-night voyage, sailing with Disney cast members as the volunteer passengers, is set to visit Nassau and Castaway Cay.
Another four-night test cruise on August 29 is scheduled to stop in Cozumel.
If all goes well, Fantasy’s first revenue sailing since the industry shutdown will depart on September 11.
Princess Updates Restart Schedule For Diamond Princess
Princess Cruises has updated the restart schedule for its ship Diamond Princess, which made headlines in early 2020 as the first cruise ship to have a major outbreak of COVID-19.
The vessel is set to begin sailing again in spring 2022, now starting off with a schedule of voyages in Japan.
As a result of the change, Diamond Princess’ original 2021-22 South America & Antarctica program and its 2022 World Cruise have been canceled.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: MSC Meraviglia Review 2021 + News
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months