Discovery Princess Completes Sea Trials
Princess Cruises’ new ship Discovery Princess has successfully completed five days of sea trials. Now, the vessel is back in the shipyard in Italy for more exterior and interior finishing ahead of her March 2022 debut.
Discovery Princess is the line’s sixth and final Royal-class ship, and will sail the Mexican Riviera, California Coast, and Alaska.
Carnival Cancels Grand Cayman Port Calls
Carnival Cruise Line has dropped Grand Cayman for a handful of its ships next month. Carnival Vista, Glory, Sunrise, Pride, and Liberty will now be calling to either Mahogany Bay, Belize City, or Ocho Rios.
A letter from the cruise line said, “As we continue to refine our operational plans for your cruise, we have made some itinerary changes to your sailing.”
Pre-order shore excursions will be booked on the new port day or refunded to the original form of payment if the cruise port was replaced.
Virgin Voyages Encourages Mask Use
Virgin Voyages is the latest cruise line to up its masking game in light of the current COVID-19 situation.
Unlike other cruise lines, the company will not be requiring face masks for guests. However, the line said “Per the CDC’s recent recommendation, and out of an abundance of caution, we strongly encourage sailors to wear masks when indoors.”
Lines that are temporarily requiring masks indoors for all passengers, including those who are vaccinated, are Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian.
Watch Cruise Radio News Brief [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant