Mardi Gras Refuels at Port Canaveral
The captain said filler up!
The first ship in the Americas powered by eco-friendly liquefied natural gas has refueled for the first time at Port Canaveral.
Carnival Cruise Line’s Mardi Gras arrived into port last Friday, and has now undergone her first refueling process in North America which took nearly eight hours to complete.
With each complete refueling, the ship has enough LNG to power the engines for about two weeks.
The liquefied natural gas not only powers the propulsion system, but also the ship’s elevators, lighting, computers, and more.
Disney Releases Navigator App Update
Disney Cruise Line has released an update for its Navigator smartphone app.
The update provides new features related to health and safety onboard, including the ability to reserve activities ahead of time, access restaurant menus digitally, and chat with guest services via an in-app live chat.
The new functionality arrives just ahead of Disney’s UK Staycation cruises that begin on July 15, and a simulated sailing out of Port Canaveral that departs on June 29.
Norwegian Donates $25,000, Announces Great Stirrup Cay Lighthouse Makeover
And finally, in honor of World Oceans Day on Tuesday, Norwegian Cruise Line donated $25,000 to the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation.
The line also announced that the conservation artist will create a custom piece that will wrap the lighthouse on the line’s private island in the Bahamas, Great Stirrup Cay.
The donation will benefit the foundation’s scientific research and assist in the development of a curriculum for kids in grade school that introduces them to the beauty of the world’s oceans.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Leads Port Canaveral Return with Mardi Gras Sailing
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
- Cruise News Today — July 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas
- Miami Added as Embarkation Port For Bahamas Cruises
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras