Positive Case Reported on Adventure of the Seas
Royal Caribbean has reported that two guests on Adventure of the Seas’ second sailing from Nassau have tested positive for COVID-19.
The passengers are both under 16 years old and unvaccinated; they tested positive after routine testing that is required before returning home. Close contacts and those in their travel party all tested negative.
In a statement, Royal said that “the guests and their travel party disembarked today in Freeport, Bahamas and are on their way home to Florida.”
MSC Cruises Announces Name of Upcoming Ship
MSC Cruises has announced the name of another Seaside EVO class ship.
The cruise line held a coin ceremony at the Fincantieri shipyard on Thursday for MSC Seascape, which will be the line’s second Seaside EVO ship after MSC Seashore. The Seaside EVO class is an evolution of the Seaside class, which includes MSC Seaside and Seaview.
MSC Seascape will hold 5,877 passengers and is set to debut in November 2022.
Carnival Corporation Reveals Second Quarter Losses
During its second quarter earnings call, Carnival Corporation revealed that it lost approximately $2 billion during Q2.
The call was upbeat, with President and CEO Arnold Donald reporting that bookings in the second quarter were up substantially over those in the first quarter, as the much-discussed pent-up demand continues to drive sales.
As for what the future holds, the company says it hopes to have all of the ships across its fleet not only back in service by summer of 2022, but also sailing at full capacity.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Leads Port Canaveral Return with Mardi Gras Sailing
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
- Cruise News Today — July 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas
- Miami Added as Embarkation Port For Bahamas Cruises
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras