Nieuw Statendam Granted Permission to Call at Grand Cayman
After 20 months of no cruise ships, the western Caribbean port of Grand Cayman has granted Holland America’s Nieuw Statendam permission to call to the island on December 28, 2021 — with restrictions.
Though not part of the island’s phase 4 reopening, Tourism Minister Kenneth Bryan made it official on Wednesday by putting the ship on a conditional visiting agreement. Bryan closed his statement by thanking Holland America for being an excellent cruise partner and leading the way to reopen Grand Cayman to cruise ships.
Grand Cayman closed its border to visitors on March 16, 2020.
Princess Announces 2024 World Cruise From Australia
Princess Cruises has announced its 2023-2024 schedule for Australia and New Zealand, and it includes the line’s longest world cruise from Australia ever. The voyage will set sail in spring 2024 aboard Coral Princess, and visit 32 countries over the course of 110 days.
Bookings open on December 1, and those who book before April 30, 2022 will receive AUD$1,000 in onboard credit per person.
2021 Black Friday Cruise Deals
Black Friday is upon us, which means every cruise line is trying to get you to sail with them.
Some deals include Royal Caribbean offering up to $550 off, Princess giving $200 per cabin in onboard credit, Celebrity allowing the second guest in a cabin to sail free, and MSC Cruises offering free balcony upgrades.
Each cruise line has its deal on its homepage.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant