Majestic Princess Begins Mexican Riviera Season
Princess Cruises’ ship Majestic Princess has completed her Alaska season, and set sail from the Port of Los Angeles on Wednesday.
The ship is currently on a three-night voyage to San Diego, California and Ensenada, Mexico.
After this voyage, Majestic Princess will begin a series of mostly seven-night Mexican Riviera cruises through the fall and winter before heading back north to Alaska in May.
Carnival Delays Return of Five Ships
Carnival Cruise Line announced Wednesday evening that it has delayed the return of five of its ships until 2022.
Here’s the cancellation rundown:
- Carnival Sunshine from Charleston through Jan 13
- Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral until Feb 11, 2022
- Carnival Ecstasy from Jacksonville, Paradise from Tampa, and Sensation from Mobile through February 2022
Carnival said that by the end of the year, 17 of its ships will be back into service.
Explora Journeys Begins Construction on Second Ship
MSC Group’s new luxury cruise line Explora Journeys has now begun construction on its second ship, Explora II.
This week, the line held a steel cutting ceremony at Fincantieri shipyard in Italy, with executives from the cruise company and Fincantieri in attendance.
Explora II is scheduled to set sail in spring 2024, while Explora I is currently being built for a May 2023 launch.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Will Pay River Cruise Line $2.7 Million After 2019 Collision
- Tampa Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 19 Months
- 9 Freebies on Cruise Ships
- Third U.S. Based Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Service