Politicians Urge CDC to Keep ‘Conditional Sailing Order’ in Place
While the cruise industry and its supporters have made a great deal of noise about allowing ships to resume as soon as possible, opposition voices are beginning to make their case for keeping the Conditional Sailing Order in place.
Two longtime critics of the cruise industry, Senator Blumenthol and Congresswoman Matsui, wrote The CDC director asking her to not prematurely lift the restrictions, saying that cruising is “ripe for spread of infections.”
At the time of broadcast, the director of The CDC has not replied to the letter.
MSC Will Be Sailing 10 Ships This Summer
MSC Cruises announced on Thursday morning that they’ll be sailing 10 ships this summer, which is more than half of its 17-ship fleet.
Three of those vessels will sail in the Western Mediterranean, with stops in Italy and Malta.
Three more will cruise the eastern Mediterranean, calling on Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Montenegro.
And four ships will be positioned in northern Europe, offering UK domestic cruises as well as itineraries to Germany, the Baltics, and Norway.
The cruise line will sailing from 15 disembarkation ports across Europe.
Norwegian Donates to Dock Workers in Miami
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings has donated $100,000 in Visa gift cards to support the dock workers at PortMiami.
In thanking the cruise line, Torin Ragin, president of the International Longshoremen’s Association Local 1416, said that these have been incredibly difficult times, with nearly 60 percent of their business wiped out due to the shutdown.
Ragin added that his members appreciate all that Norwegian’s CEO Frank Del Rio and others in the industry are doing to push for the resumption of cruises out of U.S. ports as soon as possible, and said that his team is ready to get back to work.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 3: Just Another Perfect Sea Day
- Photos: 12 Bars & Lounges on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- U.S. Virgin Islands Bans Cruise Ships Unless All Eligible Guests Are Vaccinated
- Royal Caribbean Reveals When Remaining Cruise Ships Will Sail
- San Juan Welcomes First Cruise Ship Visit in 16 Months
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 2: Sip & Sea Day
- Norwegian Cruise Line Expands Starbucks Partnership
- MSC Cruises Resumes Sailings From United States
- Photos: 13 Restaurants on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Princess Successfully Completes First U.S. Voyage Since 2020
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
REVIEWS3 days ago
Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 1: Let’s Get This Party Started
REVIEWS1 day ago
Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 2: Sip & Sea Day