Bahamas Reacts to CDC’s Warning
Officials in the Bahamas are not taking the CDC’s recent health advisory lightly.
Reacting to the agency warning Americans against traveling to the Bahamas, the travel and tourism minister said that in order for the island nation to avoid taking yet another economic hit, residents had to do everything in their power to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The CDC’s advisory couldn’t have come at a worse time as several cruise lines, including Royal Caribbean, hope to begin sailing to and from the Bahamas as early as June as a way of circumventing the Conditional Sailing Order which prevents them from sailing out of U.S. Ports.
Alaska Joins Lawsuit Against CDC
Alaska has joined a lawsuit against the CDC in an attempt to revoke the Conditional Sailing Order that threatens to destroy a second consecutive cruise season.
The Alaska cruise season usually runs from May through September. With the cruise industry largely shut down since March 2020 due to the global pandemic, the northernmost state lost all of its 2020 season — an anticipated 1.3 million cruise visitors.
Holland America Turns 148
We’re wishing a very happy birthday to Holland America Line! Over the weekend the company celebrated its 148th birthday.
Founded in 1873 in Rotterdam, the company first operated between the Netherlands and North America before expanding and later becoming apart of Carnival Corporation in 1989.
Its newest ship Rotterdam, is on schedule for sea trials later this weekend, and is scheduled for delivery to the company in July.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
- Disney Wish Tour: The Images That Will Leave You Breathless
- Azamara Announces New Onboard ‘Destination Celebration’ Events
DESTINATIONS5 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]