Bahamas Reacts to CDC’s Warning
Officials in the Bahamas are not taking the CDC’s recent health advisory lightly.
Reacting to the agency warning Americans against traveling to the Bahamas, the travel and tourism minister said that in order for the island nation to avoid taking yet another economic hit, residents had to do everything in their power to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The CDC’s advisory couldn’t have come at a worse time as several cruise lines, including Royal Caribbean, hope to begin sailing to and from the Bahamas as early as June as a way of circumventing the Conditional Sailing Order which prevents them from sailing out of U.S. Ports.
Alaska Joins Lawsuit Against CDC
Alaska has joined a lawsuit against the CDC in an attempt to revoke the Conditional Sailing Order that threatens to destroy a second consecutive cruise season.
The Alaska cruise season usually runs from May through September. With the cruise industry largely shut down since March 2020 due to the global pandemic, the northernmost state lost all of its 2020 season — an anticipated 1.3 million cruise visitors.
Holland America Turns 148
We’re wishing a very happy birthday to Holland America Line! Over the weekend the company celebrated its 148th birthday.
Founded in 1873 in Rotterdam, the company first operated between the Netherlands and North America before expanding and later becoming a part of Carnival Corporation in 1989.
Its newest ship Rotterdam, is on schedule for sea trials later this weekend, and is scheduled for delivery to the company in July.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 1: Let’s Get This Party Started
- 13 Photos of the Rooftop Garden on Celebrity Edge
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of July 25, 2021
- Carnival Leads Port Canaveral Return with Mardi Gras Sailing
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]