Cruise Radio News Briefs for Friday morning, December 11, 2020.
Cruise Ship Cabins for Rent
A company that had hoped to sell cruise ship staterooms as year-round residences has dialed back its plan.
After only selling 10 staterooms at auction, Ocean Builders, who now owns the ship, MS Satoshi, will begin offering daily, weekly, and monthly rental options.
Satoshi, formerly the P&O Pacific Dawn, will be permanently anchored off the coast of Panama City when it arrives from Europe.
In case your wondering, monthly rentals will go for approximately 1300 dollars.
Princess Rolls Out ‘Princess Promise’
Princess Cruises has introduced a new program designed to ensure guest satisfaction, called the ‘Princess Promise.’
It assures passengers that they will make things right if any onboard service doesn’t live up to expectations.
The line says compensation could include but is not limited to, onboard credits, future cruise credit, and refunds.
NCL Explores Mandatory Vaccines
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings is looking into whether it might require guests to have the covid-19 vaccine before sailing.
CEO Frank Del Rio said that ‘lawyers are looking at it.”
He added, that even though guest vaccine requirements are up in the air, they’ll be required for the crew.
Late Thursday, the FDA panel gave the green light to Pfizer’s COVID vaccine.
- Carnival (CCL) $22.32, down 1.5 percent
- Royal Caribbean (RCL) $80.64 down two percent
- Norwegian $27.44 (NCLH) up a half percent
Watch News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Begins Construction on Next Mega Cruise Ship
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter