Cruise Radio News Briefs for Friday morning, December 11, 2020.
Cruise Ship Cabins for Rent
A company that had hoped to sell cruise ship staterooms as year-round residences has dialed back its plan.
After only selling 10 staterooms at auction, Ocean Builders, who now owns the ship, MS Satoshi, will begin offering daily, weekly, and monthly rental options.
Satoshi, formerly the P&O Pacific Dawn, will be permanently anchored off the coast of Panama City when it arrives from Europe.
In case your wondering, monthly rentals will go for approximately 1300 dollars.
Princess Rolls Out ‘Princess Promise’
Princess Cruises has introduced a new program designed to ensure guest satisfaction, called the ‘Princess Promise.’
It assures passengers that they will make things right if any onboard service doesn’t live up to expectations.
The line says compensation could include but is not limited to, onboard credits, future cruise credit, and refunds.
NCL Explores Mandatory Vaccines
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings is looking into whether it might require guests to have the covid-19 vaccine before sailing.
CEO Frank Del Rio said that ‘lawyers are looking at it.”
He added, that even though guest vaccine requirements are up in the air, they’ll be required for the crew.
Late Thursday, the FDA panel gave the green light to Pfizer’s COVID vaccine.
- Carnival (CCL) $22.32, down 1.5 percent
- Royal Caribbean (RCL) $80.64 down two percent
- Norwegian $27.44 (NCLH) up a half percent
Watch News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption