Disney Cruise Lines’ newest ship Disney Fantasy “floated-out” on Sunday at Meyer Werft shipyard in Germany.
This is the final phases in the construction process. After installing the communications tower the ship will be taken out for sea-trails where she’ll do various maneuvers, testing all functions of the ships propulsion system before heading to NYC. The ship is scheduled to be at Pier 88 in Manhattan for four-days on February 28 for private tours. Makes sense, New York is worlds biggest media market.
The shipyard will hand the “keys” over to Disney Cruise Line on February 9, 2012.
The 4,000-passenger Disney Fantasy’s first cruise out of Port Canaveral will be March 31.
Below is a video taken from the web-cast broadcast over the weekend:
(Taken from CruiseGuy1 on YouTube)
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program