Cruise line Atlas Ocean Voyages experienced two milestones on Monday, its upcoming cruise ship World Navigator was floated out at West Sea Viana Shipyard in Portugal. Following the float out, the keel was laid for the upcoming vessel World Traveller.
World Navigator, which doesn’t launch for nine-months, is now in a wet dock where she’ll be outfitted with amenities and decor.
“Our first ship’s float out is a momentous milestone for Atlas Ocean Voyages,” said President Alberto Aliberti. “We are another major step closer to welcoming World Navigator and launching Atlas’ authentic, once-in-a-lifetime adventures in some of the world’s most extraordinary places.”
Atlas Voyages is the first cruise line to include emergency medical evacuation insurance with every booking, including transportation home if needed.
For her inaugural season, World Navigator will embark on seven- to 24-night itineraries in the Holy Land, Black and Mediterranean Seas, followed by nine- to 13-night itineraries in the Caribbean, South America and on Antarctic expeditions for winter 2021/22.
Atlas’ newly constructed, safe, clean and green, small expedition ships foster a refined and convivial ambiance and can accommodate up to 196 guests. World Navigator and her sister ships are Polar Category-C and Ice Class-1B certified, with all of the most-modern hygiene and cleanliness measures incorporated into their design.
World Navigator will debut in July 2021, followed by World Traveller in mid-2022.
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival President: Over Half The Fleet Will Sail By October