Cruise line Atlas Ocean Voyages experienced two milestones on Monday, its upcoming cruise ship World Navigator was floated out at West Sea Viana Shipyard in Portugal. Following the float out, the keel was laid for the upcoming vessel World Traveller.
World Navigator, which doesn’t launch for nine-months, is now in a wet dock where she’ll be outfitted with amenities and decor.
“Our first ship’s float out is a momentous milestone for Atlas Ocean Voyages,” said President Alberto Aliberti. “We are another major step closer to welcoming World Navigator and launching Atlas’ authentic, once-in-a-lifetime adventures in some of the world’s most extraordinary places.”
Atlas Voyages is the first cruise line to include emergency medical evacuation insurance with every booking, including transportation home if needed.
For her inaugural season, World Navigator will embark on seven- to 24-night itineraries in the Holy Land, Black and Mediterranean Seas, followed by nine- to 13-night itineraries in the Caribbean, South America and on Antarctic expeditions for winter 2021/22.
Atlas’ newly constructed, safe, clean and green, small expedition ships foster a refined and convivial ambiance and can accommodate up to 196 guests. World Navigator and her sister ships are Polar Category-C and Ice Class-1B certified, with all of the most-modern hygiene and cleanliness measures incorporated into their design.
World Navigator will debut in July 2021, followed by World Traveller in mid-2022.
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Why Carnival Cruise Line Wants You Excited About Half Moon Cay
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Holland America Releases 2021-2022 Caribbean Cruise Schedule
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Ax Cruises Through April 2021