Cruise line Atlas Ocean Voyages experienced two milestones on Monday, its upcoming cruise ship World Navigator was floated out at West Sea Viana Shipyard in Portugal. Following the float out, the keel was laid for the upcoming vessel World Traveller.
World Navigator, which doesn’t launch for nine-months, is now in a wet dock where she’ll be outfitted with amenities and decor.
“Our first ship’s float out is a momentous milestone for Atlas Ocean Voyages,” said President Alberto Aliberti. “We are another major step closer to welcoming World Navigator and launching Atlas’ authentic, once-in-a-lifetime adventures in some of the world’s most extraordinary places.”
Atlas Voyages is the first cruise line to include emergency medical evacuation insurance with every booking, including transportation home if needed.
For her inaugural season, World Navigator will embark on seven- to 24-night itineraries in the Holy Land, Black and Mediterranean Seas, followed by nine- to 13-night itineraries in the Caribbean, South America and on Antarctic expeditions for winter 2021/22.
Atlas’ newly constructed, safe, clean and green, small expedition ships foster a refined and convivial ambiance and can accommodate up to 196 guests. World Navigator and her sister ships are Polar Category-C and Ice Class-1B certified, with all of the most-modern hygiene and cleanliness measures incorporated into their design.
World Navigator will debut in July 2021, followed by World Traveller in mid-2022.
- The Rule Change That Could Save Alaska’s 2021 Cruise Season
- Royal Caribbean Makes Changes to Winter 2021/2022 Cruise Schedule
- Impressive Timelapse of New Cruise Ship Being Built [VIDEO]
- Kicked Off Ship: Cruiser Who Ignored Excursion Rules Sent Packing
- Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing
- Travel During A Pandemic: Visiting Disney Springs
- Cruise Podcast: How To Buy A Room On A Cruise Ship + News
- 21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
- New Cruise Ship Will Literally Change the Air You Breathe
- First Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship to Sail Gives Glimpse of New Normal
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship to Sail Gives Glimpse of New Normal
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Sea Of Plenty: Six Holland America Ships Offer 2021 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing