A battle over poolside lounge chairs got heated enough that injuries were sustained and the two parties are now heading to court, according to reports in the German press.
Reserving Lounger Leads To Scuffle
According to a story which first ran in the German paper Bild and was later reported by Newsweek, the trouble began when the captain of an unspecified ship announced that a pool party was about to begin. From there, things get a bit confusing because, as we all know, there are two sides to every story. In this case, the tale appears to involve two couples, one of whom is in their 70s, with the other being around 40.
READ MORE: 5 Ways To Defeat Deck Chair Hogs
The first version of the story has the elder woman attempting to reserve lounge chairs for herself and her husband when the younger woman tossed her handbag onto one of the chairs in order to snag it for herself. The bag missed the chair and flew past the older woman, and before long, the male companions of the ladies were getting into a scuffle.
That is not, however, how the younger pair say the encounter played out. In their version of the story, they’d already snagged the in-demand spot for themselves with the aforementioned handbag when the older gentleman approached and asked if it was free. Told that it was not, that — in this version — is when the argument turned physical.
Either way, the result was the same: a skirmish in which the older man claims his forearm was injured. As a result, he is suing for just over $4,500 for both the injuries sustained and “loss of holiday pleasure.” When the case goes to court, both parties will be called to testify, as will a security guard and the defendant’s mother-in-law.
- U.S. Port Bans Cruise Ships Through 2020
- Cruise Podcast: Regal Princess Baltic Sailing Review
- Second Carnival Corporation Vessel Sold Amid Cruise Shutdown
- Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Answers Burning Carnival Question
- Best & Worst Cruise News Of 2020 (So Far)
- Carnival Mardi Gras Delayed Until 2021, Radiance Project On Hold
- Competing Cruise Lines Join Forces To Develop Healthy Protocols
- New EU Cruise Guidelines Suggest Masks, Avoid Buffets, More
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 28, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Exec Puts Buffet Rumors “To Rest”
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Mardi Gras Delayed Until 2021, Radiance Project On Hold
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Norwegian Cruise Line CEO Answers Burning Carnival Question
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
New EU Cruise Guidelines Suggest Masks, Avoid Buffets, More
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Competing Cruise Lines Join Forces To Develop Healthy Protocols