Princess Cruises has announced that in April, its new ship Discovery Princess will debut a new, original production show called Spotlight Bar.
The show will transport guests to a vibrant bar atmosphere where they’ll meet and connect with local storytellers who will share tales of their lives through song. The show includes a modern musical playlist, with cast performances of various songs including:
- “Brave” by Sara Bareilles
- “Don’t You Worry About a Thing” by Stevie Wonder
- “Havana” by Camila Cabello
- “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus
- “Drink You Away” by Justin Timberlake
- “Freedom” by George Michael
“Spotlight Bar shares the story of the friendly neighborhood bar where locals want to hang out, catch up, laugh, grab a drink and maybe sing a song or two,” said Denise Saviss, Princess Cruises vice president of entertainment experience. “We hope Discovery Princess guests will get lost in the familiar music and theme of camaraderie to truly connect with our talented Princess entertainers.”
Spotlight Bar will debut in the Princess Theater on Discovery Princess when it departs Los Angeles on April 17 for a Mexican Riviera cruise. It will be performed live by the Princess singers, dancers, and musicians on every Discovery Princess voyage.
The creative team that worked with Princess to create Spotlight Bar includes:
- Director and Choreographer Karen Bruce
- Scenic Designer Morgan Large
- Musical Director Chris Egan
- Lighting Designer James Whiteside
- Costume Designer Jackson Lowell
Discovery Princess is set to debut at the Port of Los Angeles on March 27, 2022 and operate a series of Mexican Riviera and California Coast cruises through April 24, 2022. After that, it will head north to begin a season of seven-night Alaska voyages from Seattle.
The 3,660-passenger ship is Princess’ sixth and final Royal-class newbuild, following Enchanted, Sky, Majestic, Regal, and Royal Princess.