Disney Cruise Line said that all sailings are canceled through at least July 27, 2020. Previously, Disney pushed cruise cancellations into June.
A statement on Disney’s website read, “With the well-being of our Guests, Crew Members and Cast Members our top priority, and in line with direction from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Disney Cruise Line has suspended all-new departures through Monday, July 27, 2020.”
The estimated return-to-service dates will vary by cruise ship:
- Disney Magic is August 5
- Disney Wonder is August 4
- Disney Dream is August 1
- Disney Fantasy is August 2
Guests who were impacted by the canceled sailing are able to opt for a full refund or a future cruise credit. The line is giving guests who choose an FCC up to 15 months to book their new cruise.
Like other cruise lines that are issuing mass refunds, Disney is telling guests that are opting for a full refund to please allow up to 90 days for the transaction to be credited to your card.
When selecting for a future cruise credit, it’s important to note that it is based on the cruise fare and does not include port taxes. All taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment.
READ MORE: How to Use Future Cruise Credits
Another area of uncertainty is the 2020 Alaska season, already Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, and Holland America Line have cancelled their summer cruises, including the entire slate of Alaska itineraries. Disney’s first Alaska cruise was scheduled for late April.
Back on land, at the time of publication, there has been no scheduled reopening date for the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts, but Shanghai Disneyland began the first phase of theme park reopening on May 11, 2020.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Port Overview: Portland, Maine
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future