You can now take a nine-night Alaskan cruise on a former Bering Sea crab boat, just like the one on Discovery Channel’s Deadliest Catch. The Kruzof Explorer, which underwent a massive makeover to transform from an old crab boat into an elegant passenger boat, is the newest addition to Alaskan Dream Cruises’ fleet.
About the Kruzof Explorer
The Kruzof Explorer has been reincarnated from a modest fishing boat to a luxurious option for adventurous cruisers looking to take in the best of Alaska. Ranking in at 128-foot, and harboring only 12-guests per expedition, the newly-refurbished vessel offers an intimate and upscale option to the Alaskan Dream Cruises’ current fleet.
Travelers will find themselves enjoying the spacious decks, staterooms, landscape windows, and dining and bar areas with panoramic views of the Alaskan wildlife. The intriguing history of the ship won’t be hindered either, as the old crab-holding room has been turned into a presentation-theatre and the five-ton crane that hauled the crab-pots will load and unload the vessel. Keeping with these aspects of the old craft will add that element of rustic crab-fishing that passengers have enjoyed on television.
“A True Alaska Adventure”
Due to the smaller size of the vessel, guests will be able to explore intimate corners of Alaska that they otherwise wouldn’t be able to experience.
- Glacier Bay National Park add Preserve
- Alaska Native Village of Metlakatla
- Pelican, a tiny fishing village
- Admiralty Island: “Fortress of the Bear”
- West Chichagof-Yakobi, a remote stretch of wilderness
Nature and wildlife have always been an integral part of Alaskan cruising, and these expeditions include resources to help you make the most of your adventures: including paddleboards, kayaks, and a high-speed zodiac.
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]