You can now take a nine-night Alaskan cruise on a former Bering Sea crab boat, just like the one on Discovery Channel’s Deadliest Catch. The Kruzof Explorer, which underwent a massive makeover to transform from an old crab boat into an elegant passenger boat, is the newest addition to Alaskan Dream Cruises’ fleet.
About the Kruzof Explorer
The Kruzof Explorer has been reincarnated from a modest fishing boat to a luxurious option for adventurous cruisers looking to take in the best of Alaska. Ranking in at 128-foot, and harboring only 12-guests per expedition, the newly-refurbished vessel offers an intimate and upscale option to the Alaskan Dream Cruises’ current fleet.
Travelers will find themselves enjoying the spacious decks, staterooms, landscape windows, and dining and bar areas with panoramic views of the Alaskan wildlife. The intriguing history of the ship won’t be hindered either, as the old crab-holding room has been turned into a presentation-theatre and the five-ton crane that hauled the crab-pots will load and unload the vessel. Keeping with these aspects of the old craft will add that element of rustic crab-fishing that passengers have enjoyed on television.
“A True Alaska Adventure”
Due to the smaller size of the vessel, guests will be able to explore intimate corners of Alaska that they otherwise wouldn’t be able to experience.
- Glacier Bay National Park add Preserve
- Alaska Native Village of Metlakatla
- Pelican, a tiny fishing village
- Admiralty Island: “Fortress of the Bear”
- West Chichagof-Yakobi, a remote stretch of wilderness
Nature and wildlife have always been an integral part of Alaskan cruising, and these expeditions include resources to help you make the most of your adventures: including paddleboards, kayaks, and a high-speed zodiac.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
EDITORIAL2 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021