Holland America Line’s Italian dining concept, Canaletto, is actually located within/adjacent to the Lido Market Buffet. Each night, this area becomes a family-style specialty restaurant where guests enjoy soups, pastas, meats, and more.
Canaletto costs $19 per person. Kids eating off the adult menu pay half price, or dine for free if they’re choosing from the kid’s menu. This dining experience is available on every Holland America cruise ship.
Here’s the Canaletto menu as of 2022. Keep in mind that dishes are designed to be shared family-style, and menu items are subject to change at any time.
- Antipasto Plate: prosciutto di parma, finocchiona salami, truffle salami, Terre Ducali coppa, Parmigiano Reggiano, Sicilian olives
- Veal and Sage Meatballs: glazed cipollini onions, rustic tomato sauce
- Langoustine-Tomato Soup: mussels, clams, langoustine, snapper
- Minestrone Soup: farro, borlotti bean, minestrone, Pecorino cheese
- Canaletto Salad: mixed lettuce, roasted beets, candied walnuts, Gorgonzola, balsamic reduction
- Mozzarella Di Bufala: grilled eggplant, Genoa pesto, micro basil, Parmesan grissini
- Beef Carpaccio: caper berries, mustard aioli, Parmesan, extra virgin olive oil
- Grilled Calamari: salsa verde, lemon, herb pangrattato
- Jumbo Lump Crab Risotto: chives, lemon, brand ($12)
- Lasagna Bolognese: mozzarella, pomodoro
- Spaghetti Alle Vongole: garlic-chili clams, shrimp spaghetti
- Datterini Tomato Risotto: bocconcini, basil, grilled vegetables
- Braised Beef Short Rib Gnocchi: mascarpone, butter-roasted carrots, celery
- Grilled Lamp Chops: truffled polenta, broad beans, chanterelle mushrooms
- Branzino Alla Siciliana: grilled branzino fillet, zucchini, mint, pistachios
- Scaloppine Alla Caprese: veal scaloppine, tomato, mozzarella, basil, garlic spinach
- Grilled New York Strip Loin: cipollini onions, asparagus, roasted baby chat potatoes, amarone
- Pasta Genovese: roasted almond, semi-dried cherry tomato, basil pesto
- Spaghetti All’Astice: lobster, tomato, garlic, white wine ($18)
- Tiramisù: mascarpone, espresso, chocolate
- Gelato: malaga, pistachio, bacio
- Chocolate Hazelnut Tart: Nutella, chocolate sauce
- Sicilian Marzipan Cassata Torte: ricotta, candied fruit
- Orange Blossom Ricotta Tart: fresh berries
- Affogato: vanilla gelato, espresso, chocolate shavings, lemon zest
- Selection of Italian Cheeses: with artisan crackers
- Sunday — Chicken Parmigiana: fresh buffalo mozzarella, tomato, basil roasted potato
- Monday — Osso Bucco Milanese: saffron risotto
- Tuesday — Beef Short Rib Brasato Barolo: creamy polenta, roasted turnips
- Wednesday — Veal Liver Veneziana: mascarpone whipped potato
- Thursday — Veal Saltimbocca Alla Romano: garlic spinach
- Friday — Chicken Curry (Cipriani Style): rice pilaf, apple, leek
- Saturday — Grilled Jumbo Shrimp: jumbo shrimp, olive oil, garlic, rice pilaf
Cocktails are $9.75 each.
- Aperol Spritz: Aperol, prosecco
- Americano: Campari, sweet vermouth, soda water
- Bellini: prosecco, peach purée
- Frangelico Tuscan Mule: Frangelico, ginger ale
- God Father: amaretto, scotch
- Negroni: Campari, sweet vermouth, gin
- Rossini: prosecco, strawberry purée
A variety of coffees, beers, wines, digestifs (fortified wines), and cognacs are also available.
This article was originally published in August 2012. It was updated and republished in November 2022.
READ NEXT: Lunch Menu: Pinnacle Grill on Holland America Line
Comments are closed.