As Royal Caribbean continues to release details on its first Icon-class ship (and what will be the largest cruise ship in the world), it has announced some features that will be found in the Surfside and Thrill Island neighborhoods.
The cruise line says that Surfside will be the “ultimate stay-all-day destination for families onboard.” It will include kid-friendly waterslides, a pool for the adults, and plenty of casual dining options to refuel for all of the fun.
Newly announced features of Surfside include:
- Surfside Eatery: This venue will be Royal Caribbean’s first-ever buffet dedicated to families.
- Pier 7: Adults and kids will be able to enjoy all three meals at Pier 7 — a specialty restaurant serving up beachside bites like mango shrimp tostadas and surf ‘n’ turf.
- Lemon Post: This fun lemon-themed family bar will feature menu options for both adults and kids.
- Surfside Carousel: This beach-themed twist on a classic carousel will have little cruisers begging to ride again and again.
As its name implies, Thrill Island is where you’ll find Wonder of the Seas’ most exciting attractions. This neighborhood features an open free-falling slide, a drop slide, family raft slides, and Crown’s Edge — an attraction that’s part skywalk and part ropes course.
Features of Thrill Island will include:
- Desserted: Guests can choose from a lineup of photo-worthy milkshake concoctions, including spiked options for adults.
- Lost Dunes: At Lost Dunes, the whole family can tee up and enjoy Royal Caribbean’s new take on its signature mini golf course as they find their way around shipwrecks, plane crashes, and fallen palm trees.
- Basecamp: Between experiencing thrilling rides, vacationers of all ages can refuel 154 feet above the ocean at Basecamp’s walkup window and bar.
Icon of the Seas is scheduled to debut in January 2024, operating seven-night eastern and western Caribbean sailings year-round from Miami.
MORE ABOUT ICON: The Wait Is Over: Royal Caribbean Details Upcoming Icon of the Seas