Holland America Line’s new ship Rotterdam is currently under construction at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Marghera, Italy.
Originally named Ryndam, the vessel’s name was changed to Rotterdam when the line’s most recent Rotterdam ship was sold to Fred.Olsen Cruise Lines earlier this year. It’s the seventh ship in the fleet to bear the Rotterdam name, and will become Holland America’s new flagship.
Today, Holland America shared a time-lapse video on Twitter taken at the shipyard recently, showcasing an exterior view of major construction that’s recently been taking place on the ship.
Rather than spending hours watching Rotterdam floating out and moving to its outfitting pier, check out this impressive time-lapse video of the process. Retweet if you’re looking forward to the debut of our newest ship! pic.twitter.com/XhmxmutrHZ
— Holland America Line (@HALcruises) October 22, 2020
Originally set to debut in May 2021, the delivery date has been pushed back to July 31, 2021 due to delays at the shipyard because of the global health crisis.
When Rotterdam is finally delivered, she will sail a 7-day inaugural voyage on August 1 in the Mediterranean from Trieste to Rome. On August 8, she is scheduled to operate a 14-night cruise through the western Mediterranean and onto Amsterdam, Netherlands. The ship will spend the remainder of summer 2021 sailing Northern Europe and the Baltic roundtrip from Amsterdam.
Rotterdam will be the third ship in Holland America’s Pinnacle-class, measuring 99,500-gross registered tons and carrying 2,668 guests.
She will include many of the features that passengers have come to know and love on other Holland America ships, such as the 270-degree surround screen World Stage venue, Rudi’s Sel de Mer restaurant, and the Grand Dutch Café. Rotterdam will also include a variety of already-popular live music venues like B.B. King’s Blues Club, Rolling Stone Rock Room, Billboard Onboard, and Lincoln Center Stage.
- Princess and Holland America Cancel More 2021 Cruises
- Carnival Cancels Through May 31, Mardi Gras Inaugural Rescheduled
- Royal Caribbean Debuts More Private Island Itineraries For 2022
- Recipe: How to Make Carnival Cruise Line’s Apple Cobbler
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — February 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Disney is Bringing Back Special ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Marvel’ Cruises
- 5 Best Cruise Lines for Senior Citizens
- Movie: ‘King of the Cruise’ Gives Solo Cruisers a Bad Name
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — February 23, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Vaccinations are Leading the Rise in Future Cruise Bookings
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Mardi Gras Planning: Must-Have Reservation on Carnival’s New Ship
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of February 14, 2021
REVIEWS5 days ago
A Listener’s Review of MSC Meraviglia (2020)
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
6 Cruise Ship Spots With Gardens & Greenery