Princess Cruises has released more details on their upcoming ship, Majestic Princess.
Her maiden cruise will be a 5-day Adriatic Sea voyage from Rome, stopping in Kotor and Corfu. Following that, she will tour Europe operating 7, 14, 21, and 28 day cruises from Rome, Barcelona, or Athens. A repositioning cruise will depart Barcelona on May 14, 2017 and visit Dubai and Singapore before arriving in her new home: Shanghai. Her first homeport cruise will be on July 11.
Dining options from sister ships Royal and Regal Princess will be aboard Majestic Princess, including:
- Chef’s Table Lumiere – a unique dining experience hosted by the Princess Executive Chef which includes a galley tour and multi-course dinner at a custom table where guests are surrounded by a glimmering curtain of light
- Crown Grill & Bar – an American steakhouse offering top-quality cuts of beef, chops, and seafood in an open-kitchen, classically elegant restaurant
- Alfredo’s – named after Master Chef Alfredo Marzi, this venue offers classic Italian and signature Neapolitan-style pizzas, along with baked pasta dishes, specialty appetizers, and desserts
Two new speciality restaurants will be introduced aboard Majestic:
- Harmony – created in partnership with Chef Richard Chen, formerly of Wynn Las Vegas. The venue will feature haute Chinese cuisine paired with ocean views and modern décor, with Chef Chen’s interpretation of classic Cantonese dishes
- Le Bistrot – located in the atrium, Le Bistrot will offer French home-style dining with a modern flair. Guests will enjoy traditional Escargots Casseroles, Braised Ox Tongue, and Mushroom Ragout, along with baguettes, tartines, tourtes, and French Patisseries.
Along with all of the exciting specialty restaurants, there will be a wide selection of food in the buffet, which on this ship will be called the World Fresh Marketplace (Horizon Court on other ships). There will be food stations with flavors from around the world, including the Mediterranean, the bakery with western, European, and Asian pastries, a pasta specialty counter, farmer’s market salads and fruits, and a new “East Meets West” street food specialty counter.
The interior design of the ship will give guests visuals that represent traveling around the world. It is influenced by fashion, art, and history, and will use metal, glass, and inlaid wood throughout to give an ambiance of elegance and glamour. European marble, mosaic tile floors, polished woods, and luxurious fabrics will be around the ship, and custom carpets in the corridors will feature Asian-inspired floral motifs.
Over 80 percent of Majestic Princess’ staterooms include a balcony. All rooms feature the Princess Luxury Bed, which has been receiving rave reviews from guests since its introduction. The bed also features luxury linens designed by HGTV star Candice Olson, which reflect an air of modern elegance.
The first two shows that will help introduce Majestic Princess to her guests will be “Fiera” and “Fantastic Journey”, both of which have already done very well for international audiences aboard Princess’ fleet. They feature a world-class cast of singers and dancers, with elaborate production numbers, costumes, and advanced stage technology. The ship will also feature the cruise line’s classic Movies Under the Stars on the outdoor movie screen, as well as Water Color Fantasy – an industry first water and light show at sea.
Guests aboard Majestic will experience the signature SeaWalk, a glass floor walkway, and SeaView Bar featuring “flair” bartending. The Piazza Atrium will have live entertainment throughout the day and evening, and include over 1,000 square meters of luxury boutiques including Cartier, Bvlgari, Burberry, Gucci, and Montblanc, among others.
As soon as more details on this upcoming ship are announced, we will keep you updated!
Featured rendering: Princess Cruises
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral
- Virgin Voyages Updating Cabins on Two Cruise Ships
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises