As Carnival Cruise Line’s ship Mardi Gras continues her maiden season, the vessel called at Costa Maya on Tuesday. The visit marks the first time Mardi Gras has visited the Mexican port.
In keeping with cruising tradition, Mardi Gras’ leadership team joined local government officials for a ceremonial plaque exchange to commemorate the flagship’s arrival.
Costa Maya is Mardi Gras’ second port of call during her current seven-night western Caribbean itinerary, which departed on Saturday, August 7. Last week for her maiden voyage, the ship sailed an eastern Caribbean route.
“We are delighted to begin our Mardi Gras sailings and offer guests an opportunity to experience all of the beauty of Costa Maya while providing a much-needed boost to the local economy,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.
“The restart of cruising in Costa Maya has such a wide-reaching impact, and it is so special to have our flagship call on this port. On behalf of Carnival, I would like to personally thank our partners at Costa Maya for their hospitality in welcoming our guests.”
Mardi Gras is the first vessel in the Americas to be powered by eco-friendly Liquefied Natural Gas. Highlights of the vessel include the BOLT roller coaster, Family Feud Live game show, a suite-exclusive Loft 19 sundeck, the adults-only Serenity Retreat sundeck, a water park, and a ropes course.
Restaurants and bars on the ship include Emeril’s Bistro 1396 by Emeril Lagasse, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse | Brewhouse by Guy Fieri, RedFrog Tiki Bar, Big Chicken by Shaquille O’Neal, and Rudi’s Seagrill by Chef Rudi Sodamin.
The vessel is and will continue to sail seven-night eastern and western Caribbean cruises.
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras