Passengers currently sailing aboard Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, Norwegian Encore, were treated to a grand celebration to mark the company’s return to cruising in the United States.
Cruise ship crew put on a huge Celebration Day Buffet of culinary favorites from holidays and special occasions throughout the year, to make up for missed birthday parties, anniversaries, and holiday get-togethers during the worldwide shutdown due to the pandemic.
To honor the last 17 months of uncelebrated holidays and reunions, Norwegian Cruise Line treated guests to a wide variety of holiday staples including Alaskan King Crab legs and beef wellington for New Year’s; sweets for Valentine’s Day; barbecue favorites such as ribs, corn on the cob, burgers, and fries for the Fourth of July; Thanksgiving favorites like roast turkey, stuffing, cornbread, and pies; and over-the-top birthday cakes.
Nearly 2,600 passengers indulged in the feast. One guest said “It’s been really nice reliving all of the holidays that we missed … it’s nice to be back.”
Another remarked, “I’ve never seen anything like this!”
Norwegian Encore departed Seattle on Saturday, August 7 as the first Norwegian Cruise Line ship to sail from the United States in over a year. It also marks the ship’s first sailing to Alaska.
Throughout this week, Encore will make her inaugural calls to three Alaskan ports — Icy Strait Point, Juneau, and Ketchikan — before returning to Seattle. Then the vessel will continue her season of seven-night voyages to the region through October 16, 2021.
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: MSC Meraviglia Review 2021 + News
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras