MSC Cruises recently announced that MSC Armonia will feature new itineraries in Winter 2019 and Summer 2020, bringing passengers to its private island destination, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
Armonia was formerly sailing Cuba cruises from Miami, Florida before the travel ban in early June 2019.
Gianni Onorato, MSC Cruises’ CEO, said that as the company expands its presence in the Western Caribbean, Ocean Kay will be a key addition to the cruising experience for guests. “We have enriched MSC Armonia’s itineraries to offer our guests an even more immersive Caribbean experience,” he said.
READ MORE: Cruise Line Reveals Plan for Private Island
Stops to Ocean Cay will include a 14-hour call to allow guests to explore the island and its surrounding waters. Snorkeling tours, scuba diving, stand up paddle boarding and kayaking are among the outdoor activities listed for guests at Ocean Kay. Spa services will also be available for those looking to pamper themselves. A dedicated family beach and activities for all ages with an emphasis in conservation are among the amenities listed for families with children.
The Armonia is scheduled to dock at the private island from 9am to 11pm.
In addition to the stops at Ocean Kay, the cruise line also announced that the Armonia will be making stops all throughout the Western Caribbean, including ports-of-call throughout Jamaica, stops in Mexico’s Caribbean coast, and the Cayman Islands. During the 2020 summer season, the Armonia will also be making stops in Key West, Fla.
The MSC Armonia was recently refurbished. Changes to the ship include a slew of new dining and bar options, including the new Surf and Turf Restaurant. n November, the ship will undergo another dry dock operation at the Bahamas’ Grand Bahama Shipyard. The ship was first launched in 2001 for the now defunct Festival Cruises.
- Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
- Viking Launches Mississippi River Cruises
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise To Nowhere, Day 1
- How to Use a Future Cruise Credit
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Brands Extend Cancellation Policy
- Disney Cruise Line Suspends Sailings Through April 28
- Norwegian Cancels Cruises, Pushes Return Date Back
- Carnival Extends Suspension; Cancels Cruises Through May 11
- MSC Cruises Extends Suspended Voyages Through May 29
- Cruise Ship Casinos: How to Get the Most Out of Your Experience