MSC Cruises officially took delivery of their new 153,516-gross ton flagship earlier today at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy.
The ceremony for MSC Seaview took place with the Founder and Executive Chairman of MSC Group Gianluigi Aponte present, as well as Executive Chairman of MSC Cruises Pierfrancesco Vago, CEO of Fincantieri Giuseppe Bono, as well as regional and local authorities. During the delivery, Roberto Olivari, the shipyard’s director, handed an ampoule holing the first water that touched the ship’s hull over to Pier Paolo Scala, Master of MSC Seaview.
Seaview is the second ship in the Seaside Class, and – like Seaside – will boast a “beach condo” design and plenty of outdoor spaces for guests. She will also comply with the highest international environmental standards, as cruise lines are working diligently to become more eco-friendly as an industry.
Following her departure from the shipyard today, Seaview will make her way to Genoa, Italy on a three-day voyage, arriving June 7. There, she will be inaugurated in a ceremony on June 9 and will begin her inaugural cruise on June 10.
Debuting right after sister ship MSC Seaside, which launched last year in Miami, MSC Seaview will spend her inaugural season in the Mediterranean. After that, she will head to South America for the winter. The vessel is the third MSC newbuild to enter service in 12 months, and is the 15th ship to join the line’s global fleet.
- Virgin Voyages Cancels November 2020 Cruises
- Skagway, Alaska Cruise Port Guide
- Cruise Industry Voices Beg CDC Not To Extend No Sail Order
- Carnival’s New Mega Cruise Ship Begins Sea Trials [PHOTOS]
- 5 Most European Cities In North America To Visit on a Cruise
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of September 20, 2020
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
EDITORIAL5 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know