MSC Cruises officially took delivery of their new 153,516-gross ton flagship earlier today at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy.
The ceremony for MSC Seaview took place with the Founder and Executive Chairman of MSC Group Gianluigi Aponte present, as well as Executive Chairman of MSC Cruises Pierfrancesco Vago, CEO of Fincantieri Giuseppe Bono, as well as regional and local authorities. During the delivery, Roberto Olivari, the shipyard’s director, handed an ampoule holing the first water that touched the ship’s hull over to Pier Paolo Scala, Master of MSC Seaview.
Seaview is the second ship in the Seaside Class, and – like Seaside – will boast a “beach condo” design and plenty of outdoor spaces for guests. She will also comply with the highest international environmental standards, as cruise lines are working diligently to become more eco-friendly as an industry.
Following her departure from the shipyard today, Seaview will make her way to Genoa, Italy on a three-day voyage, arriving June 7. There, she will be inaugurated in a ceremony on June 9 and will begin her inaugural cruise on June 10.
Debuting right after sister ship MSC Seaside, which launched last year in Miami, MSC Seaview will spend her inaugural season in the Mediterranean. After that, she will head to South America for the winter. The vessel is the third MSC newbuild to enter service in 12 months, and is the 15th ship to join the line’s global fleet.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up