MSC Seaview was christened this past weekend during a glittering ceremony in Genoa, Italy.
MSC Cruises is known for hosting grand christening events that celebrate the coming into service of new ships, and Seaview‘s special evening was no exception. Live entertainment, speeches, fireworks, a gala dinner, and traditional maritime traditions comprised the lineup of events. Gianluigi Aponte, MSC Group’s founder and executive chairman, as well as the ship owner, attended with the Aponte and Aponte-Vago families.
Also present was Ramon Freixa, a two Michelin-sparred Spanish chef who premiered his first restaurant at sea aboard MSC Seaview. Pan-Asian chef Roy Yamaguchi was also there, attending his second MSC ship christening to celebrate his second restaurant at sea, the first of which launched on MSC Seaside.
Seaview was specifically designed to bring guests outside with open decks and walkways. It features the highest ratio of outdoor space of any MSC ship, with elongated suite balconies, lots of places to dine al fresco, an outdoor fitness area, open-air spa cabanas, and more.
This ship is the 15th in the fleet, and the third to enter into service in 12 months. She will commence her maiden voyage from Genoa on June 10, stopping in Marseille, Barcelona, Naples, Messina, and Valetta. After her inaugural season, Seaview will head to South America to call in a variety of destinations there.
- Vanna White Named Carnival Panorama Godmother
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
- New Restaurant Announced for Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Allure of the Seas 2019 Review + News
- Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
- Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
- Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 10, 2019
- Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out New Food Concept
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Dream 2019 Review + News
REVIEWS2 days ago
Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Embarkation Day
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
New Restaurant Announced for Carnival Mardi Gras
REVIEWS1 day ago
Trip Report: MSC Meraviglia Day at Sea
CRUISE NEWS8 hours ago
Vanna White Named Carnival Panorama Godmother
CRUISE PODCAST2 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Allure of the Seas 2019 Review + News