MSC Cruises began its northern Europe summer season this weekend when MSC Seaview departed the Germany port of Kiel for a seven-night voyage in the Baltic Sea.
The ship is the seventh in MSC’s fleet to resume sailings; MSC Cruises anticipates that half of its fleet will be back to cruising by the end of the summer.
Seaview will homeport in Kiel until the beginning of October, and will welcome both German as well as international guests on board. The ship’s seven-night itinerary includes stops in Visby, Sweden; Gotland, Sweden; and Tallinn, Estonia.
Starting July 23, Warnemunde, Germany will be added to the itinerary, and be an additional port of embarkation and disembarkation as well. The former fishing village and popular seaside resort is full of charm and features a wide, white beach. From there, passengers can also visit Rostock and Berlin.
Also this past weekend, Marseille was added to the western Mediterranean itinerary of Seaview‘s sister ship, MSC Seaside. Marseille is the first French port to reopen for MSC Cruises, and will welcome international guests during weekly port calls.
Five MSC Cruises ships are currently sailing in the Mediterranean: MSC Grandiosa, Seaside, Orchestra, Splendida, and Magnifica. As well, the line’s new flagship MSC Virtuosa has been operating sailings around the UK for British travelers since May 20.
Starting August 2, MSC Meraviglia will kick off the cruise line’s resumption of sailings in the United States, operating Caribbean voyages from Miami. It will be joined by MSC Divina sailing from Port Canaveral on September 18.
MSC Seashore which is part of the Seaside EVO Class — an evolution on the Seaside class, will enter service in August with cruises in the western Mediterranean before moving to her new homeport of Miami in November.
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE17 hours ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again