Azamara Club Cruises is celebrating the addition of the new Azamara Pursuit to their fleet today. The line held a naming ceremony onboard the ship in Southampton, England, where the two godmothers – Ellen Asmodeo-Giglio and Lucy Huxley – christened the vessel.
Following the ceremony, the ship set sail for a two-night voyage to Cherbourg, France to kick off the celebrations with an AzAmazing Afternoon event. Inspired by the line’s AzAmazing Evenings – a complimentary excursion for guests to connect with a destination’s culture and heritage – the afternoon was designed so that guests could truly dive deep into the town’s personality and charm.
It began with exploring a French market that was constructed steps from the gangway, consisting of stalls selling flowers, cheeses, fresh fruits, pastries, French wines, baguettes, and more. Later in the day, the Main Hall at La Cité de la Mar was transformed into a cabaret house where travelers enjoyed performances by a 15-piece orchestra, dancers, a solo singer, and others.
Guests on the ship also got to choose from some special shore excursions. Experiences included viewing Bayeux Tapestry – which depicts the events leading up to the Norman conquest of England, and Panoramic Cherbourg – which offers views of the city’s most historic landmarks.
The special cruise concluded with a White Night celebration where guests enjoyed a feast served poolside by Azamara’s officers and crew before dancing into the night. Now, Azamara Pursuit is setting sail on a 13-night journey from Southampton to Barcelona, Spain.
Photos: Azamara Club Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Exec Puts Buffet Rumors “To Rest”
- The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers
- Royal Caribbean Delays New Cruise Ship Until 2021
- European Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through March 2021
- Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
- Cruise Experiences You Could Pay More For In The Future
- The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
- Cruise Ships Leave Asia for North America
- Last Major Cruise Line Cancels 2020 Alaska Sailings
- First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
CRUISE NEWS22 hours ago
The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers