Celebrity Cruises has revealed renderings of The Spa on their upcoming ship Celebrity Edge, and it is massive. And beautiful. The nature-inspired space was created by world-renowned designer Kelly Hoppen, and comes in at 22,000 square feet.
Design & Inspiration
To create a luxurious, natural environment, Celebrity worked closely with Hoppen to create a concept called SEA, inspired by the Sea, Earth, and Air.
Blended essences fill the air as soon as guests walk in, and the Relaxation Lounge is a peaceful start to the spa experience before treatments begin.
“As we curated The Spa journey with Celebrity, the inspiration behind this revolutionary concept was to connect guests with nature while delivering distinctive sensory experiences, uncompromising service, and a wealth of new wellness choices that are exclusive at sea,” said Glenn Fusfield, President and CEO, One Spa World, LLC. “We’ve created a concept that not only evolves spa and wellness but sets the new standard.”
Celebrity teamed up with the leading authorities in their fields to harness cutting-edge technological and therapeutic innovations for a spa experience like no other. There are over 124 treatments to choose from, including signature offerings such as the Ocean Spa Wave Massage, Hot Mineral Body Boost, Thousand Flower Detox Wrap, and more that travelers will probably recognize.
The Spa aboard Celebrity Edge will also feature a lineup of first-at-sea and brand-first amenities and treatments for guests, including:
- The next evolution of the Persian Garden that’s across the line’s current fleet, called the SEA Thermal Suite. It will feature eight different experiences: the Hammam, Salt Room, Steam Room, Rainfall Water Therapy Room, Float Room, heated tile loungers, infrared sauna, and Crystalarium. Those staying in AquaClass will receive complimentary access to this suite.
- The first line of ELEMIS BIOTEC facials ever offered on a Celebrity ship
- A specialty treatment table collection, including:
- Spa Wave MLW Amphibia Table – water filled cushions adapt to each visitor’s body for prime comfort, as well as customizable color therapy lighting
- WellMassage4D Table – this award-winning treatment table uses breakthrough technology to deliver a deeper massage
- MLX Quartz Table – Warm crystals mold and shape around the body, releasing muscle tension and promoting deeper relaxation
- Ideal Image Ocean, The Advanced MedSpa offering esthetic services like wrinkle treatments and fillers
- Celebrity is partnering with Kérastase, one of the world’s most advanced luxury haircare brands for the first ever Kérastase Institute at sea
- The Barber offers traditional hot shaves and fresh cuts for men
- The Fitness Center will feature hot yoga, Technogym Group Cycle, Fitness on Demand, cardio boxing, and the first Bungee Fit and Peloton bikes ever offered at sea
Celebrity Edge will spend her inaugural season sailing alternating 7-night cruises in the western and eastern Caribbean, before heading to the Mediterranean with a range of 7-11 night cruises in 2019. Bookings for cruises aboard Edge are now open, as well as reservations for the spa.
- Royal Caribbean Celebrates One Year Since Restart, Reveals Fun Facts
- Cruise News Today — December 8, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Buffett Launches Cruise Line, Rebrands Ship [IMAGES]
- Carnival Releases 2021 Christmas Day Dinner Menu
- Carnival Radiance Cruise & Entertainment Directors Announced
- Cruise News Today — December 7, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Donates 500 Cabins to Healthcare Providers
- Saying Goodbye to My Dad, Captain Parker
- Passport Card vs. Book: Which Should I Get?
- Cruise News Today — December 6, 2021 [VIDEO]