Carnival Elation just underwent a multimillion refurbishment at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport, Bahamas. During the refurb, she ship got a new water park, food venues, and new staterooms. The cruise ship may be approaching 20-years old, but there’s no slowing down Carnival Elation yet.
Carnival Elation Photos
1. Carnival Elation docked in Nassau. You can see the very top Grand Suite deck that was added during the dry dock.
2. On the Lido deck, the water slide was removed and a new pool area, two bars, and two food venues were added.
READ MORE: Carnival Elation Deck Plans
3. The Inspiration aft dining room (top) and Imagination dining room (bottom) on deck 8 received a new color scheme, new lighting fixtures, and more subtle toned tables and chairs.
4. The BlueIguana Cantina was added on the Lido deck and replaced the Mongolian Wok.
5. Guy’s Burger Joint was added on the opposite side to replace the Lido grill.
5. The RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar replaced the Lido bars.
6. Duke’s Piano Bar on Deck 8 remained pretty much the same with the exception of some new flooring.
7. A brand new mini golf course was added on the top forward deck 14.
8. Carnival WaterWorks was added to the deck 11 aft end of the ship.
9. A new Swarovski shop was added on the main promenade deck 9 by the night club.
10. During the refit there were almost 100 balcony cabins added. The new cabins are located aft, midship, and new suites towards the front of the ship.
Elation currently sails four and five-night Bahamas cruises from Jacksonville, Florida. In 2018, Elation will sail a special eight-night cruise to Bermuda, also stopping in at the private island of Half Moon Cay.
Read our trip report from our recent post-dry dock Carnival Elation sailing here.
Have you ever sailed on Elation?
- Viking Cruises Cancels Sailings Through August
- Canada Bans Cruise Ships Through October
- Looking Back: Celebrity Cruises Marks 30th Year in Service
- Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Mariner of the Seas 2020 Review + News
- Mexico Vows to Welcome Cruise Ship Passengers
- Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
- Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
- Cruise Ship Ban in Australia Extended Until September
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras