The signature burger of The Salty Dog Gastropub on select Princess ships will now be available on land for the first time. The “Ernesto” has been added as a featured item on the dinner menu of chef partner Ernesto Uchimura’s Los Angeles based restaurant and bar, Electric Owl.
Developed in collaboration with the chef, a founding partner of the original Unami Burger, the “Ernesto” is the signature offering not only the gastropub, but also the Salty Dog Grill, both found on various ships in the Princess Cruises fleet. The gastropub launched in 2016 and the grill in 2017.
“Creating the ‘Ernesto’ as my namesake burger and having it offered aboard Princess ships around the world has been such a proud moment for me,” said Uchimura. “As a chef, I have a passion for sharing my food with the world, and through this partnership I’ve been able to reach further than ever before. It was only fitting to bring the burger home to Los Angeles, and offer it to our guests here at Electric Owl.”
The namesake burger consists of ribeye and short rib beef patty, grilled pork belly, caramelized kimchi, beer battered jalapeño, charred onion aioli, and cave-aged Gruyère cheese. It’s been voted “Best Burger at Sea” by Cruise Critic.
For more information on The Salty Dog Gastropub, click here.
- Viking Cruises Cancels Sailings Through August
- Canada Bans Cruise Ships Through October
- Looking Back: Celebrity Cruises Marks 30th Year in Service
- Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Mariner of the Seas 2020 Review + News
- Mexico Vows to Welcome Cruise Ship Passengers
- Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
- Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
- Cruise Ship Ban in Australia Extended Until September
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras