Princess Cruises’ Caribbean Princess will be emerging from her drydock in June with one “splash” of a makeover. The vessel — which has been undergoing remodeling since March 2017 — will feature a brand new water-attraction area called the Reef Family Splash Zone.
Fun For the Whole Family
The family-friendly waterpark will be located on the aft of deck 17, and won’t just be for splashing around. Reef Family Splash zone will introduce guests to brand-new, interactive, and competitive experiences such as:
- Game Zone: a “backyard” competition area featuring oversized games (like Jenga and Cornhole), as well as bar and lounge where guests can sip on not only cocktails… but mocktails for the kids, too!
- Splashpad Water Playground: an interactive play-area (focused around a water-splashing whale) with several laughter-inducing water sprays and a splash pool.
- Comfort and Design: The water-area will feature brand-new seating designed for optimal comfort, new art and fixtures to provide a contemporary feel, and new lighting and music for exciting night-time activities.
Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises President, is excited about the new additions to Caribbean Princess, stating, “In our latest effort to enhance our family offerings, this newly reimagined space invites families and kids to experience a multi-functional area to engage, play, reconnect,” Swartz continued, “The Reef is the ultimate spot for families of all ages to enjoy spending time together with new water features, recreational activities, and lounge areas.”
The fun doesn’t stop at Reef, though. Only one deck below is Camp Discovery: an educational opportunity for young passengers — ages three to 17 — to dive in and discover more about the ship’s destinations through immersive and entertaining experiences.
Caribbean Princess will be sailing seven-day Caribbean cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida beginning on May 14, 2019.
Will you and your family be making a splash on the refurbished ship?
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 10, 2019
- Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out New Food Concept
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Dream 2019 Review + News
- Big Changes Ahead For Two Carnival Cruise Line Ships
- MSC Cruises Delays Private Island Opening Until December
- List of Pepsi Products Served on Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Line Ditches Coke For Pepsi
- 5 Things To Do in Dublin, Ireland
- Carnival Cruise Line Celebrates 25 Years in Tampa
- Cruise Line Delays Opening Of Private Island