Princess Cruises’ Caribbean Princess will be emerging from her drydock in June with one “splash” of a makeover. The vessel — which has been undergoing remodeling since March 2017 — will feature a brand new water-attraction area called the Reef Family Splash Zone.
Fun For the Whole Family
The family-friendly waterpark will be located on the aft of deck 17, and won’t just be for splashing around. Reef Family Splash zone will introduce guests to brand-new, interactive, and competitive experiences such as:
- Game Zone: a “backyard” competition area featuring oversized games (like Jenga and Cornhole), as well as bar and lounge where guests can sip on not only cocktails… but mocktails for the kids, too!
- Splashpad Water Playground: an interactive play-area (focused around a water-splashing whale) with several laughter-inducing water sprays and a splash pool.
- Comfort and Design: The water-area will feature brand-new seating designed for optimal comfort, new art and fixtures to provide a contemporary feel, and new lighting and music for exciting night-time activities.
Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises President, is excited about the new additions to Caribbean Princess, stating, “In our latest effort to enhance our family offerings, this newly reimagined space invites families and kids to experience a multi-functional area to engage, play, reconnect,” Swartz continued, “The Reef is the ultimate spot for families of all ages to enjoy spending time together with new water features, recreational activities, and lounge areas.”
The fun doesn’t stop at Reef, though. Only one deck below is Camp Discovery: an educational opportunity for young passengers — ages three to 17 — to dive in and discover more about the ship’s destinations through immersive and entertaining experiences.
Caribbean Princess will be sailing seven-day Caribbean cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida beginning on May 14, 2019.
Will you and your family be making a splash on the refurbished ship?
- Carnival Will Take Conservative Approach When Cruises Resume
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Caribbean Review + News
- Cruise Line Details New Sanitation Policies and Procedures
- Disney Cruise Line Cancels Additional Sailings
- Carnival Cruise Ship Captain Details Life Onboard During Shutdown
- 7 Ways Cruise Vacations Will Change Moving Forward
- Why You Shouldn’t Let Yourself Be Cruise Shamed
- Popular Shore Excursion Seller Closes Door
- Celebrity Edge Photo Tour
- How to Make a Cucumber Sunrise on Carnival Cruise Line [VIDEO]