Princess Cruises has taken delivery of Sky Princess from shipbuilder Fincantieri at an official handover ceremony at the shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy.
The first ship designed from the ground up as a Princess MedallionClass ship, the 143,700-ton, 3,660-guest Sky Princess features an evolution of the design platform used for the cruise line’s previous Royal-Class ships.
“We wish to extend our sincere gratitude to our long-time shipbuilding partner Fincantieri who delivered Sky Princess to us today,” said Jan Swartz, president of Princess Cruises. “As our new flagship in the fleet, Sky Princess represents the absolute best Princess Cruises has to offer our guests by connecting them with what matters most, unique destinations, loved ones, and new friends, while enjoying all the state-of the-art experiences in comfort and style.”
With the debut of Sky Princess, Princess Cruises marks the first time a ship has been purpose-built as a Princess MedallionClass™ ship. Featuring the complimentary OceanMedallion™ wearable device, MedallionClass vacations deliver an entirely new level of service and creates a vacation that is more seamless, effortless and personalized.
Princess MedallionClass Vacations are resulting in high guest satisfaction scores, thanks to a portfolio of experiences specifically designed to enhance their cruise vacation, including:
- Expedited Arrival – From curbside to poolside in a breeze: Personalization starts pre-cruise as guests become OceanReady™ before arriving at the port. Guests who arrive at the terminal having uploaded their travel documents (i.e. passports) to their profile enjoy a streamlined and expedited check-in process that gets their vacation started even sooner.
- On-Demand Services – Food, beverage, retail orders and service delivered to your location: Using smart devices and stateroom TVs, guests have the ability to order drinks, food and retail items like sunscreen with OceanNowTM and have them delivered directly anywhere onboard.
- Family and Friends Locator – Finding travel companions and directional ship information: Accessible on portals throughout the ships and via guests’ smart devices, OceanCompassTM leverages the OceanMedallion to easily locate and chat with friends and family onboard, as well as enables point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship. OceanCompass guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can seamlessly navigate to their next point of interest.
Sky Princess will start her inaugural season in Europe on a seven-day Mediterranean & Adriatic maiden voyage from Athens to Barcelona on Oct. 20, 2019. The ship will sail a series of Mediterranean voyages before debuting in North America on Dec. 1, 2019, for a season of Caribbean cruises from Ft. Lauderdale.
The Princess Cruises fleet continues to expand with Enchanted Princess in June 2020, Discovery Princess in November 2021 and two additional ships in 2023 and 2025.
Source: Princess Cruises
- Royal Caribbean CEO Fain: A New Dawn Is Coming
- Carnival Cancels April 2021, Delays Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise
- MSC Grandiosa to Resume Cruising Southern Europe on January 24
- Cruise News Briefs – January 22, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Princess Announced They Have Sold Another Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Briefs – January 21, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Removes Ship From 2021 Alaska Season
- First Cruise Line Officially Requires Vaccines — Will Others Follow?
- Celebrity Cruises Announces 2022-2023 Caribbean Schedule
- Carnival Cruise Line Addresses Gratuity Hike, Vaccine Rumors
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Addresses Gratuity Hike, Vaccine Rumors
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Look: Menu for Emeril’s Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Group Sells Cruise Brand
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
First Cruise Line Officially Requires Vaccines — Will Others Follow?