Today Princess Cruises announced its 2022-2023 South America and Antarctica schedule. Sapphire Princess will visit 19 destinations on six unique itineraries in the region.
Antarctica & Cape Horn
This itinerary will feature four days of cruising the Antarctica region and a special holiday sailing over Christmas and New Year’s. The 16-night cruise visits Santiago, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Falkland Islands, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, and scenic cruising around Cape Horn and in the Antarctic Peninsula (Elephant Island, Antarctic Sound, Deception Island, Gerlache Strait, Neumayer Channel, South Shetland Islands, and Admiralty Bay).
Dates: December 19, 2022 and January 4 and 20, 2023
Cape Horn & Strait of Magellan
This voyage features an overnight in Buenos Aires and scenic cruising of the Amalia Glacier. The 14-night sailing also visits Montevideo, Puerto Madryn, Falkland Islands, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt, Santiago, and scenic cruising around Cape Horn.
Dates: February 5 and 19, and March 5, 2023
Andes & South America
Set sail on this voyage that spends an overnight in Lima, Peru, with an optional overland tour to UNESCO World Heritage Site, Machu Picchu. A 17-night itinerary departs on December 2, 2022 from Los Angeles and visits Cabo San Lucas, Costa Rica, Lima, Pisco, La Serena, and Santiago. An 18-night sailing departs on March 19, 2023 from Santiago and visits La Serena, Pisco, Lima, Manta, Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, and Los Angeles.
READ MORE: Princess Reveals 2022 Alaska Cruise Season
Those looking for a longer adventure can take one of these sailings, which include overnight calls in Buenos Aires and Lima.
- Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure (32 days departing March 5, 2023): Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Puerto Madryn, Falkland Islands, Cape Horn scenic cruising, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Amalia Glacier scenic cruising, Puerto Montt, Santiago, La Serena, Pisco, Lima, Manta, Costa Rica, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, and Los Angeles
- Antarctica, Andes, & Cape Horn Grand Adventure (33 days departing December 2, 2022): Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Costa Rica, Lima, Pisco, La Serena, Santiago, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Cape Horn scenic cruising, Antarctic Peninsula scenic cruising (Elephant Island, Antarctic Sound, Deception Island, Gerlache Strait, Neumayer Channel, South Shetland Islands and Admiralty Bay), Falkland Islands, Montevideo, and Buenos Aires
Those wishing to combine a land tour with their cruise either before or after have two to choose from for South America:
- Iguazú Falls Adventure — includes a visit to the thundering Iguazú Falls as well as a visit to Rio de Janeiro
- Machu Picchu Explorer — visits the ancient Inca compound, Machu Picchu, plus a tour of the historic city of Cusco
Captain’s Circle Savings
Princess Past Guests are eligible for a Captain’s Circle Launch Discount, which may be combined with launch and group promotions. These discounts don’t apply to third and fourth guests in one cabin. The offer expires September 31, 2021.
These South America and Antarctica cruises will open for booking on Wednesday, March 10, 2021.
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team